SInGAPORE_AIR

Skytrax Criticises Forbes First Class Poll

Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:40 pm

"Can we trust all media surveys?" Skytrax says.

Singapore Airlines was recently announced as having the best First Class in the Forbes online poll. Forbes said, "who better to know about first- class travel than a Forbes reader?".

Skytrax says in an e-mail news briefing, "but even SIA may
wish to distance itself from that Survey ?" (referring to the fact SIA doesn't really like Skytrax I think).

Skytrax says, "there are clearly a large number of ill-informed Forbes readers."

They say Virgin Atlantic's F / Upper Class offering is no where near a good F Class but it received over 150 votes.

"Quite how one can claim to have conducted a meaningful poll when it is based on not much over 1000 single click votes is nothing less than laughable," says Skytrax.

(Does that mean that if there's a poll that requires more than a single click is more acceptable? (and it took two clicks actually).)

Skytrax comments, "Sorry Forbes, but it seems you rather messed up with this one."

More information and full information at the Skytrax AirlineQuality.com website

Information gathered from the above hyperlinked webpage. Full information can be viewed by clicking the above hyperlink. Quotes extracted from the above hyperlink webpage are put in quotation marks --> "" My comments are clearly marked in brackets ( )
Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

flyboy36y

RE: Skytrax Criticises Forbes First Class Poll

Thu Aug 01, 2002 3:55 pm

While Skytrax is a bit of a joke itself, I agree that the forbes poll was silly. But can you really trust Skyrax? A company that rates one airline and is payed to do so by that airlines competition.

Hamburger

Thu Aug 01, 2002 6:10 pm

Every time I look at the Skytrax website I wonder who is "behind" it, if anybody.
Has someone got facts about Skytrax ?

SInGAPORE_AIR

Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:47 pm

Flyboy36y, I agree. I wouldn't say the Forbes poll wasn't silly, but it wasn't the most advanced in the world.

Hamburger, a supposedly well respected company which has been going for 15 years.

bombayhog

Thu Aug 01, 2002 7:59 pm

The problem with the Forbes poll, I would imagine, is that most of the people voting wouldn't necessarily have experienced F class in all of the airlines included. They may have flown on one or two, but overall I would think that their basis for comparison between all of the various F classes wouldn't have been as good as in a survey where all of the airlines were tried out by a panel of voters.

/gwl

SInGAPORE_AIR

Thu Aug 01, 2002 8:13 pm

That is true Bombayhog, the same I think however, could also apply to Skytrax.