Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:59 am

Delta Express frequencies to go up on:

# JFK-FLL from 6 to 8

# JFK-MCO from 4 to 5

# Islip-FLL from 1 to 2

pgh234

RE: Delta Express: 25% More Flights NYC-Florida

Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:08 am

...and all CMH Delta Express flying will be stopped and given over to the RJ's of Delta Connection.

pgh234

DCA-ROCguy

Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:23 am

There isn't any JetBlue to compete with in CMH, so as far as DLX is concerned, the hell with them.  Smile WN only runs one daily to MCO from CMH, and nothing else to Florida, so DL probably won't lose much money running high-cost RJ's, and will please their many frequent-flyer folks in the Columbus area.

The New York market will probably easily absorb a few additional DLX flights, and JetBlue isn't going anywhere, so pax are the winners there.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

scottysair

Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:26 am

I read it with the Today's News on the DAL as for myself. I did posts it with the msg. boards on the AOL. It's was great to hear as from DLX were come back of the business need to beefing up from JFK-FLL flight. It's should keep fighting with Jetblue prices. By the way, do you even need replaced with the new aircraft anytime soon by the B737-700 or 600? Real soon about with the rumours want new aircraft in near of future. Well, see ya!!

flyCMH

Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:28 am

Actually, Southwest also operates 2 daily nonstops to Tampa from Columbus, and America West also flies 2 daily flights to Orlando. But you're right, DL Connection will probably be profitable running the RJ's on the route, and they will now have the most nonstops to Florida from CMH. There's a related topic concerning this announcement where I've gone into a little more detail here:

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/891953/
712,722,732/3/4/5/7/8/9,744,752/3,762/3,772/3,788,318,319,320,321,332,333,343,346,380,D93,M88,M11,F100,B11,L10,146,CR1/2/7/9,E35/40/45/70/75/90,E20,SF3,ATR,AT7,J41,DH1/3/4

Tbird

Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:04 am

Greetings:

Glad to hear they added another flight to FLL but what about MCO? Personally I would love to see Delta drop ASA, Comair and Delta Express and put in mainline service at ISP. Are the loads that low that ISP can't support a 737 or an MD-80 twice a day to ATL and CVG? Or is it that much more economical that four RJ flights a day still cost less then two MD-80 flights??

Regards
Tom

GD727

Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:12 am

Delta Express: 25% More Flights NYC-Florida Jetblue, Delta Express, American, everybodies' giving too much attention to NYC, have people forgotten about us people up here in New England? Laugh out loud Seriously though, I would like to see DLX reinstate PVD-FLL service and start serving MHT-MCO or MHT-FLL to compete with Southwest.

-GD727
Mmmm forbidden donut.

wolfpacker

Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:21 am

I thought DLX flew 737?

scottysair

Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:19 am

GD727,

I actually that I did was flew nonstop from FLL-MHT flight as Saturday only on SWA. It's was very good flight as for myself. I did seen with the moon up the sky. That's was last year of December 29, 2001. I did like this one as for flies nonstop. That's is my first-ever as for MHT flights. Well, see ya!

Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:26 am

I wish Delta Express would come back to ALB and restart service to MCO to compete with Southwest.

heavymetal

Fri Aug 02, 2002 8:38 am

Watching David Lee Roth at Mars Music Amphitheatre last night, directly under the approach to PBI. Two DL 767s within 90 minutes. AA MD 80s, DL MD 80s, jetBlue Airbuses......keep in mind this is August, too. 20 years ago the widebodies flew elsewhere during the steamy summer months here, only returning full of winter escapees.

Florida from Orlando south is becoming far more than a winter haven or retiree dumping ground. Most of the young professionals I know here put a lot of frequent flier miles in. It's interesting to see the scramble to serve PBI. jetBlue, Continental and Southwest are all neck in neck in the marketing campaigns, while Delta has historically been the big dog here. US Airways is pittering away. American is in a quandry...unlike Delta, it just doesn't seem to "get" the idea of superserving airports only 45 miles away from each other, and only 70 miles from hub base MIA. I don't think they're doing the right market research. While FLL seems an acceptable alternative, most people I know around here would rather have a root canal than fly out of MIA.

By the way, the airliners above sounded a helluva lot better than David Lee. What a mess.

flyguy1

Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:35 am

Who, or was David Lee Roth performing with someone else?
727, L1011, MD80, A300, 777-200, 737-300, 737-700, 747-400, 757-200, 737-800, A320. E190, E135, 767-200, CRJ9

DCA-ROCguy

Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:03 pm

American is in a quandry...unlike Delta, it just doesn't seem to "get" the idea of superserving airports only 45 miles away from each other, and only 70 miles from hub base MIA. I don't think they're doing the right market research. While FLL seems an acceptable alternative, most people I know around here would rather have a root canal than fly out of MIA.

The impression I get is that AA doesn't *want* to grow at PBI and FLL. AA doesn't have a reasonably low-cost division like Delta Express to cover those airports. All AA would do is lose money competing against a *fellow Cartel* carrier as well as B6, WN, and FL. The MIA hub gets higher-yield business pax connecting to Latin America, which is what AA *does* want. Also, isn't Miami a much bigger business center in itself than are Ft. L and Palm Beach? Business pax probably want to fly right to MIA for convenience, and will pay some for it.

FLL now actually handles more domestic pax than does MIA. The low fares at FLL combined with the "root canal" factor at MIA are no doubt the drivers.

Was David Lee Roth singing Van Halen stuff? This child of the '80s wants to know.

Jim
Need a new airline paint scheme? Better call Saul! (Bass that is)

SegmentKing

Fri Aug 02, 2002 2:07 pm

AA only flies once a day into PBI.. a sole MD-80 to DFW..

-n
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

MAH4546

Fri Aug 02, 2002 3:06 pm

AA has a nice little operation going on at FLL. In addition to four hubs routes...Dallas, O'Hare, San Juan, and St. Louis, there is mainline to LaGuardia (which gets a fourth daily in November), Boston, and Los Angeles, and Eagle to Raleigh and Nassau. Caracas service is on again off again. It was supposed to start 15Dec01, then 16June02, then 15Dec02, and now it has been put off again. In the past they also had Freeport (cut last September) and Washington National (cut a few years back). I personally think a daily 757-200 to San Francisco would work very nicely. American Airlines is able to get a lot of customers at FLL because they attract thier huge Miami FF base who would perfer not having the hassle of a hub when they can go to LAX through FLL. Sure, MIA offers more options (5x daily vs. FLL at 2x daily), but it works very well, IMO. I do think AA could do more with thier FLL operations, but it comes down to yield, and MIA offers high yields, something that no other large Florida airport does.

As for the business community, a large part of it is in Ft. Lauderdale. The banking and entertainment industries, South Florida's two biggest (after tourism), are all in Miami (and those two industries probably bring in better yields than others), and so are Lennar, Burger King, and Ryder Systems, but Ft. Lauderdale has the bulk of South Florida's big boys. AutoNation (Miami's largest company), TriArc (Arby's and a few other fastfood chains), Sports Authority, Office Depot, ANC Rental (National Car Rental and Alamo Rent-A-Car), and Citrix Systems, among others, are all in the Ft. Lauderdale area, not Miami. There is also FPL, which is closest to Palm Beach.

Segmentking, that is only during the summer. During the winter, AA has dailies to Boston and Dallas, triple daily to LaGuardia (the third frequency is new this winter), and double daily to O'Hare. LaGuardia starts 01Nov02, the rest 15Dec02. There was also a short lived American Eagle MIA-PBI service a few years back that competed with Tri-Rail.

a.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos