BFS
Topic Author

BA New Style Website

Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:16 am

I am looking to book Belfast-Jo'burg for next summer and for some reason the British Airways website won't give me connecting flights. I can only arrange LHR-JNB, coming in at a reasonable £511.11 pp rtn (I assumer this is reasonable anyway) but does anyone know how I can price the whole trip from Belfast? Also, what other airlines should I be checking that may be cheaper?

Thanks

KWSea

RE: BA New Style Website

Sun Aug 04, 2002 8:42 am

BA no longer flies from Belfast. You would have to get a seperate ticket Belfast-London-Belfast, and then the BA ticket London-Jhnb-London. It is easy enough to do, and I like BA, so I hope it works for you.

BFS
Topic Author

Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:08 pm

I know they don't , but I would have thought that they would have offered connecting flights with BMI. I know they aren't in an alliance, but in order to get the Belfast market for their LHR flights instead of losing us to another alliance, as well as the fact that I know a lot of people who have flown BMI to connect with a BA at LHR under one booking.
If that is the case that I can't do it all at once with them, does anyone know of any good online sites to do a booking from?

gordonroxburgh

Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:13 pm

try
expedia.com or expedia.co.uk

Gaza

Sun Aug 04, 2002 9:13 pm

The booking engine on the BA site will only give BA or BA codeshare flights. As none are available from BFS or BHD you are snookered. If you call the reservations centre they will be able to quote you a price but there is a £10 supplement. You are much better trying some of the following sites:-

www.expedia.co.uk
www.travelocity.co.uk
www.opodo.co.uk
www.ebookers.co.uk
www.trailfinders.co.uk
www.airnet.co.uk

If you pick-up a copy of the Sunday Times today, in the travl section there are lots of consolidators who will offer you very competive prices.

BFS
Topic Author

Sun Aug 04, 2002 10:04 pm

Thanks very much
«filler»