A330
Topic Author

Petition For More Inteligent Security...

Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:12 am

Anyone who feels that current "security" and screening at the US Airports is ridiculous, please sign this petition.
I as an aviation professional can not watch any more of this this complete lack of competence and intelligence of security screeners in the States.
They even wanted to confiscate my mini-maglite last week!

Shiek!

ryu2

RE: Petition For More Inteligent Security...

Wed Aug 07, 2002 5:21 am

While not "security", I had a similarly idiotic experience: coming back to the US from TPE Janurary 1st of this year, at LAX I showed my Taiwan passport to the Customs guy, and he immediately became suspicious and aggressively asked me: "what do you do?" "where are you staying?" "what are you studying?" "why were you in Taiwan?" (umm... because I'm FROM there?!) ....

He was not like this to any US citizen. Ahhh... Taiwan, a country certainly well known for its international terrorist and criminal activities.  Yeah sure

What a moron.

blink182

Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:33 am

I agree for the most part. I wish the airlines would quit hiring private companies and start letting the cops handle security. The cops are much more intelligent and can tell who is suspicious and who isn't. It's pretty pathetic when you see Joe kid who is going on vacation with his family get the full security treatment and then you see a guy who fits the profile and has a "Die America" t-shirt on get by security with no extra treatment whatsoever.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

cmb320

I Agree!

Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:41 am

It's completely ridiculous how things are handled... I'd get into, but I wouldn't want to offend anyone (again).

jaysit

Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:42 am

And how often have you seen a guy with a "Die America" T-shirt at a US Airport....or anywhere for that matter?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

brons2

Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:44 am

The cops are much more intelligent

Your average city cop is only marginally more intelligent than a low rent security guard. Look at the recent LA beatings for proof of this. I know down here in Texas, if you dare to disagree with them, you will be threatened with jail. Generally, I have found the state police to be much more professional, and it is this caliber or better that we need doing security in our airports, true law enforcement professionals.
Firings, if well done, are good for employee morale.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos