Investor info from SAS
The SAS Group Investor Info including Monthly Traffic and Capacity Data - July 2002 Scandinavian Airlines, Spanair, Braathens, Widerøe's and Air Botnia
1. investor info
Yield development 2nd Quarter upgraded
In the previous traffic and capacity data report, indications of yield
development for the months April, May and June for Scandinavian Airlines
were given. These indications are now upgraded and the final yield for 2nd
Quarter showed an increase of 0,7%.
2. The SAS Group July traffic development - highlights
· The group transported a total of 2,7 million passengers in July 2002
million in 2001, an increase of 37%. (Spanair and Braathens excluded from
· Overall group passenger load factor increased 2,5 p.u to 71,7%.
· Scandinavian Airlines traffic (RPK) decreased by 5,8%.
· Scandinavian Airlines passenger load factor increased by 1,8 p.u. to
· European passenger load factor increased by a strong 5,5 p.u
· Scandinavian Airlines indications of passenger yields show an increase
of approx. 3-5%.
Record passenger load factors and increased yield in spite of negative
passenger mix in Scandinavian Airlines
The passenger load factors for Scandinavian Airline continued to improve in
July and reached record levels on the important European routes. The development is comforting and in addition to improved passenger load factors for all other airlines in the group this is expected to continue to improve profitability going forward.
In particular Norwegian Braathens showed a record increase in
passenger load factor of 9,2 p.u. following a successful summer campaign.
Early indications of passenger yield show that the negative mix development
in Scandinavian Airlines was offset by other positive yield factors. This
development is in line with Scandinavian Airlines strategy to reduce its
exposure to the traditional Business Class traffic.
The continued improvements in passenger load factors and increased yields
represent a significant uplift compared with the earlier months this year.
The traffic and yield outlook remains stable.