bobcat

Need Info: Delta BusinessElite Lounges In The US

Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:23 am

Delta has BusinessElite lounges at JFK, LAX, and ATL.

Do domestic business class passengers have access to those lounges? For example, someone who buys a business class ticket from JFK to LAX. DL has four flights a day that have business class.

...or are these flights simply operated as domestic first class, but with int'l business class seats? (i.e. domestic first class food, IFE, crew, etc....)

Thanks!  Smile

B747-437B

RE: Need Info: Delta BusinessElite Lounges In The US

Sat Aug 10, 2002 8:55 am

The LAX lounge is a Crown Room Club, not a BizElite lounge. The 3 BizElite lounges are in ATL, CVG and JFK.

Note the different classes of service available on Delta.

BUSINESSelite is only available on transoceanic routes. You ARE entitled to lounge access at either CRC or BE lounge.

BUSINESSelite US is only available on JFK-SFO/LAX and BOS-LAX. You ARE entitled to lounge access at either CRC or BE lounge.

Domestic BUSINESS Class is available on BizElite equipped aircraft operating domestically on non-BizElite designated routes. You are NOT entitled to any lounge access.

International BUSINESS Class is available on international flights to Latin America on non-BizElite equipment. You ARE entitled to lounge access in either CRC or BE lounge.

Domestic FIRST Class is available on domestic flights on non-BizElite equipment. You are NOT entitled to any lounge access.

Transborder FIRST Class is available on flights to Canada on non-BizElite equipment. You ARE entitled to lounge access in the CRC but not the BE lounge.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

bobcat

Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:28 am

"BUSINESSelite US is only available on JFK-SFO/LAX and BOS-LAX. You ARE entitled to lounge access at either CRC or BE lounge."

Thanks for the reply... that is what I thought.

However, when my father-in-law flew JFK-LAX a week ago, the agent told me domestic BusinessElite passengers have no access to the BE or CRC lounges.

On the return trip, the DL agent at LAX told him the same thing, no access to CRC.

Known for being a persistent SOB, my father-in-law asked his seatmates (yes, plural, he asked every single one of them, which must have been weird for them) on the JFK-LAX flight to see if they were allowed in. None were.

I wonder if Delta has recently changed their policy on this.

By the way, he also told me the food leaving from JFK was worse than what he had on Midwest Express... The service, presentation was good, but the food was bland and not tasty... He said it was much better on the LAX-JFK flight, but that was only a breakfast.

padcrasher

Sat Aug 10, 2002 11:35 am

Business elite US is only for those US markets "connecting to International Business Class flight". That's the difference. A simple domestic business class flight between JFK-LAX would not qualify one for the CRC or Bus Elite Lounge. Gotta keep the riff raff outta there ya know....lol.

B747-437B

Sat Aug 10, 2002 12:56 pm

If a Delta agent causes a problem with this again, tell them to check their GRS reference G*750. It is very clear as to who is allowed access to the CRC and BE lounges.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

bobcat

Sat Aug 10, 2002 1:10 pm

B747-437B,

Thanks for that info. I'll forward this message to my SOB  Smile/happy/getting dizzyfather-in-law.(a retired high school principal) After moving to NY from LA, he now flies very frequently between those two cities.

Bobcat

jhooper

Sat Aug 10, 2002 4:00 pm

Business elite US is only for those US markets "connecting to International Business Class flight". That's the difference. A simple domestic business class flight between JFK-LAX would not qualify one for the CRC or Bus Elite Lounge. Gotta keep the riff raff outta there ya know....lol.

It was my understanding that Businesselite US is a separate product operating SFO-JFK and LAX-JFK (using the same seats) irrespective of whether or not the passenger is continuing on as an International customer.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.