VonRichtofen
Topic Author

Spotting Vacation

Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:57 pm

Well I'm thinking about taking a spotting vacation sometime soon. Some people might think it's crazy but whenever I travel somewhere the best part of the trip for me are the airports anyway. I'm thinking of focusing on Europe for this one. I was wondering if anybody knows about some spotter friendly airports in europe. I was thinking YYC (my home) to YYZ-FRA-CDG-LHR-YVR-YYC. Over a period of at least 2 weeks. That way I get at least 5 airports with lots of heavy traffic. I know it'll be expensive but I've lots of cheddar saved. What do you guys think? Because I've never been to Europe I'm open to your suggestions!!

Thanks,
Kris

Sabena 690

RE: Spotting Vacation

Sun Aug 11, 2002 5:24 pm

Hey Kris,

Seems a nice trip!

LHR is one of the most spotters-friendly airports in Europe (you can go to the runways with a free bus, and you can go to the terrace).

FRA also has a terrace.

I don't know a lot about the other ones.

A small suggestion: BRU is not big and not that busy, but it is a fact that you get to see some nice and special things from time to time you don't get to see at the big airports were you get to see all the big airlines.

Good luck!

Regards,
Frederic

Andie007

RE: Spotting Vacation

Sun Aug 11, 2002 10:25 pm

DUS ist spotter friendly. We have 2 terraces here...