BA
Topic Author

Frontier DEN-BOS Still In Schedules.

Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:48 am

I just checked DEN-BOS for March 2003, and it still shows that Frontier will be serving Boston (BOS).

I also checked TUS, OKC, and RSW and they are their, so that does mean they updated their schedules.

The only thing I noticed differently, is Frontiers BOS service is down to 1x a day in March, instead of the current 2x. Could they have possibly changed there minds? Maybe they reached an agreement with BOS ground maintenance?

Sounds a bit strange.......

I am assuming it is continueing since it will be down to 1x in March, so that means they tampered with the schedules.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

BA
Topic Author

RE: Frontier DEN-BOS Still In Schedules.

Tue Aug 13, 2002 12:51 am

Another side note, the flight is still bookable in March on Frontiers website......

Strange indeed.....

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

mariner

Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:32 am

BA:

I guess it is possible they've changed their minds. Apparently loads to BOS were running at about 70%, at which F9 would have made a profit.

It seems the straw that broke the camel's back was the deal with US Air over gate costs and handling. I don't understand the latter, because F9 had their own staff in BOS.

However, with the US Air bankruptcy, things MAY have changed. But that would leave F9 in a bit of a pickle for aircraft to service the various new destinations.

Also, I guess it would be odd for them to announce the cut on Friday and restore it on Monday, but the situation is obviously fluid.

And although the website is showing BOS for March 2003, and appears to be accepting bookings, I wonder if anyone has actually tried to make the booking? If I hear anything, I'll post it here.

Good work, Eagle Eyes!

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

mariner

Tue Aug 13, 2002 1:38 am

BA:

Okay, so I just checked the website for February, and they showed me two flights a day - but both marked "not available".

Perhaps it's taken a day or three to update the website?

I'm hoping for a return to New England - not necessarily BOS, perhaps MHT - next summer.

cheers

mariner
aeternum nauta

ouboy79

Tue Aug 13, 2002 3:34 am

They are gone...it can take up to a week for it to cycle out of the sytem.

OA412
Crew

Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:14 am

BA,

It may just be that Frontier has not removed the BOS flight from its schedule yet or it may be that they have decided to keep one around. I would be more inclined to believe the former as Frontier was pretty adamant about its desire to leave BOS after its profitability on the route came into question. I'd say wait about a week and if it is still in the schedule then it's probably likely that the BOS flight will be kept at a reduced frequency.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

BA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 13, 2002 11:40 pm

I guess it will take up to a week or so.

However, if you do check some different dates in March, 1 or 2 or the flights are selectable while on other days it says not available. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Regards