sllevin

Aer Lingus Business Class Comfort?

Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:21 pm

Well, we're finalizing our honeymoon plans for October, and we want to go to Ireland. Tentatively, we're scheduled to go SJC-ORD on AA in first and the ORD-DUB in business. I was looking at the Aer Lingus website for humor, and they quote 52" pitch for the A330-300's but nothing was listed for the A330-200, which is the aircraft we'll be flying, from what I can determine.

Just for my own curiosity, I was wondering if the seats are essentially comparable to domestic first seats, or if they have leg/foot rests, and if the pitch is indeed 52" or thereabouts.

Regardless, it's part of the adventure.  Smile

Steve

richcandy

RE: Aer Lingus Business Class Comfort?

Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:21 pm

Hi

I have not flown Aer Lingus Premier class but if you look at the trip reports section there are lots of reports. From reading these I get the feeling that Aer Lingus Premier Class is not like the upmarket Club World or Raffles class product, these can be a bit pompous. Premier class is a lot more motherly were the staff are less no sir, yes sir and more are you sure you would not like a second bit of pie. They do have leg and foot rests but no flat bed seats. They also have wedgewood china and waterford crystal glass wear.

Hope this helps, but you should check the trip reports.

Rich

bombayhog

RE: Aer Lingus Business Class Comfort?

Fri Aug 16, 2002 8:12 pm

From what I hear, the seats are decent enough and the service is great. If you want to get a bit of insight into what it's like, go to . From there, go to the Trip Reports forum. Username Carfield talks about a transatlantic segment in EI J class in his latest report.

I'm sure that pitch would be the same on a 330-200 or a 330-300, although I can't be absolutely certain.

/gwl

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos