wingman

Flight Deck Visits Out Of Europe?

Sun Aug 18, 2002 7:38 am

Guys, I'm very excited about the prospect of my first flight deck visit in many years during an upcoming visit to Italy and Greece. I've managed with some luck to coordinate plans with a close friend who flies MD11s for KLM (F/O). He will be flying my wife and I on the return segment from AMS to SFO. What are the chances of riding in the jumpseat these days out of Europe? Is this now banned or does the Captain have some discretion? Of course I'm shooting for an ride up front during T/O which would be my first. We'll be flying business on upgrades so not all is lost in terms of enjoyment /comfort. Thanks in advance for your insight.

Wingman

erasmus

RE: Flight Deck Visits Out Of Europe?

Sun Aug 18, 2002 2:58 pm

I suggest to ask your "close" friend what yor chances are! (Not us)
He'll be able to give you the most reliable answer!

Regards,
Erasmus.

Leo

Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:04 pm

KLM cockpits are locked since 11 September.

HAJ_OW

Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:15 am

I actually don't have experiences with KLM. With LH and SAS it's almost impossible. The only chance I had during the last year was on a Swiss MD80 but only during cruise flight. But somehow I had the feeling that the flightdeckdoors where keep open more often during my last flights in may... Hopefully the airlines approach this issue more realistic for the future. I bet locked doors don't prevent a plane from getting hijacked. The United had locked flightdeckdoors before 9/11. Obviously it did not help...