Barcode
Topic Author

Flying With BMI Tomorrow ...

Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:51 am

On the 10:50 LHR flight to MAN tomorrow - so, what can you tell me about BMI ? How's the service ? I've already done the rounds on the other low cost airlines, and the 40 quid fare to Manchester was too good to pass up ... my friends and I are off for a weekend clubbing/drinking/eyeing up laydeez ;-]

I'll post a trip report if anyone wants specifics - cabin photo's ? maybe try and get a cockpit photo ? Let me know and I'll try to accomodate your request :-]

Arsenal@LHR

RE: Flying With BMI Tomorrow ...

Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:38 am

Yeah give us a trip report please, cabin/cockpit photos would be a added bonus.  Big grin
In Arsene we trust!!

richardw

Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:22 am

You'll get a choice of pasta salad, don't go for the bean veggie version - it's horrible.

And you'll probably get a tub of ice cream, which is OK if its hot.

There won't be many laydeez, probably lots of boyz because its manchester's mardi gras weekend!

Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:28 am

Hi

The only time I've ever flown BMI is on the LHR-MAN route, once. To be honest, it was really too short for me to gain an accurate picture of the in-flight service.

The only word that comes to mind is 'fine'-nothing special, but perfectly adequate, and comparable to BA.

I'm afraid I can't remember much at all-I'd just come off a BA flight from Buenos Aires, and was very groggy and grumpy after 12 hours in a 'World Traveller' seat!

n175dz

Fri Aug 23, 2002 7:28 am

I flew LHR-MAN with BMI on Monday afternoon (12:50 departure) and it's a very short run. Our flight time was only 30 minutes. The only service was a quick drink/pretzels. The a/c was a 737-500 and it was clean, tidy etc, and the crew friendly.

Have a good trip.
cheers, Phil.

Barcode
Topic Author

Fri Aug 23, 2002 12:46 pm

I know it's Manchester Mardi Gras - that's what my friends and I are heading up for :-]

RickB

Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:28 pm

RichardW - if you check out Barcode's profile you will find that she's a she looking for other laydeez !! so I think she will be fine at Mardi Gras this weekend !!

As for BMI's service , I have flown MAN > LHR route numerous times over the last few years and the service is usually good even in economy - depending on the time of flight - you sometimes get a pretty decent breakfast !!

Its comparable to BA domestic in most respects.

RickB

David_itl

Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:41 pm

It's a good job that Mardi Gras is going ahead now....it was cancelled three days ago due to the police and council restricting the alcohol-tolerance outside drinking zone to Canal Street only. There's been a compromise which has led the organisers to rethink their cancellation decision.

David

Rick767

Fri Aug 23, 2002 6:31 pm

I know at least 4 or 5 friends flying up to Manchester for Mardi Gras this weekend too.

I'm still recovering from Brighton, not as young as I used to be  Big grin
I used to love the smell of Jet-A in the morning...

richardw

Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:11 pm

isn't Barcode a bar in London where they all wear Fred Perry shirts?

richardw

Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:14 pm

Obviously u paid for this one yourself Capt Pickard, otherwise u would have been in WT+ or club?
Was it a B777 or B747?

Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:18 pm

Aye, Richardw.

I'm a poor Uni student, except for when I travel on my father's company expenses!  Laugh out loud

'Twas a 744 in those days, and into LGW-so had to make that horrible and inconvenient bus transfer along the M25.

Route has been switched back to LHR (from whence Bs As ops originally ran), and a 777 now plies the 13 hour route-I believe it's currently BA's longest non-stop.

Rgds

qantas744

Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:34 am

I think that honour goes to SIN-LHR which is around 14 hours, but that is a 744 duty. EZE may be the longest 777 flight for BA.

I'm on BMI tomorrow (Sat) to Belfast City-a trip report will follow in a week or two!

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll

Sat Aug 24, 2002 5:49 am

Qantas744,

Curious to know, I checked up on the BA site; both SIN-LHR and EZE-LHR are scheduled at 13 hours, 40 minutes. Weird!

Certainly a long slog for the 777, and Economy pax!

qantas744

Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:51 am

Yeah, you should try 14 hrs in Y with Qantas as I've done twice in the last 2 years. It's not something I want to do again in a hurry-hence why I insisted on BA flights in both directions on my next trip to Asia! I'll QF another go sometime next year in the hope that the cabin upgrades on the 744's might also extend to the cabin srvice aswell as the furnishings!

Matt
you can't buy time but you can sell your soul and the closest thing to heaven is to rock'n'roll

donder10

Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:59 am

LHR-EZE must be close to max range for the GE 772ERs?The RR 772ERs have a bit more range AFAIK.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos