I don't believe this has been discussed recently, and I would like a bit more info.
China's CAAC plans to regroup 10 airlines (I believe thats the figure) into a 'Big 3' - Air China, China Eastern and China Southern. I have a few things to ask:
- Which airlines are being grouped with who?
- What will fleet composition and route networks of the 'Big 3' be?
- Is it the CAAC's intention to have each of the 'Big 3' in one of the big 3 global alliances (Presumably Air China in Star, China Eastern in oneWorld, and China Southern in SkyTeam)?
- To what extent will CAAC hold control in each of the 'Big 3'? How much does it actually hold in airlines today?
- What airlines will there be in China other than these 'Big 3'?
Thanks for any info that can be offered (or links to relevant sites/discussions)