fly_emirates

Would You Care To Have An Individual Safety Demo?

Sat Aug 24, 2002 6:48 pm

i was working this red eye flight from Bahrain to Dubai. technically it was a turn over DXB-BAH-DXB, but when we were returning, after stopping in Bahrain, as most of you are aware Emirates airlines has PTV on all classes and fleet. the PTV on business class wasn't working well, and i didn't know that until the vedio was half way through. First and Economy passengers were able to have the vedeo demo, but not all business class. So i had to go to every two individuals in business class and do a short briefing about the exits and the location of safety equipment. now what happend was that one of the passengers when i said to him "Sir, I am required to brief you about safety information on this airplane" he said "No need to, you dont have to be required, i am not that stupid" I thought for a while and smiled and said "Fine".

Now, why do people get rude sometimes? especialy that i was going to explain it to him alone.

backfire

RE: Would You Care To Have An Individual Safety Demo?

Sat Aug 24, 2002 7:19 pm

Because they think they know better. And they're usually the ones who end up dying when the fertilizer hits the ventilation system. I wonder if he knew, without looking, where the nearest exit was?

hamad

Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:02 pm

too simple! his loss
PHX - i miss spotting

SafetyDude

Sat Aug 24, 2002 9:11 pm

People do not want to, because they consider a "waste of time" when 1) They cannot exactly go anywhere and 2) A two or three minute thing could end up saving their life. So, just do the demo knowing you did your job correctly following all regulations and you were the polite one  Big thumbs up
-Will
"She Flew For What We Stand For"

teva

RE: Would You Care To Have An Individual Safety De

Sun Aug 25, 2002 4:59 am

Most of the pax flying in business class are frequent flyiers and know the demonstrations by heart.
This is just an explanation, not an excuse.
And I have to say that I don't know my reaction, if, in the middle of the flight, someone talks to me about emergency procedures... I would maybe react badly, having the feeling that something is wrong with the flight.
To avoid this type of problems, I have a very simple solution:
Have the airlines stopping the safety videos (some are good, but some are really ridiculous), and come back to demonstrations made by the F/As.
Teva
Ecoute les orgues, Elles jouent pour toi...C'est le requiem pour un con