AA-BA Still Trying To Get Together?

Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:03 am

I was wondering if they were still going to try to file for anti-trust immunity in the future if something happens to BII. I know they already tried to but the concessions to other airlines that they had to give up were to great.
Thx,
TWA4EVER

747firstclass

RE: AA-BA Still Trying To Get Together?

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:44 pm

If this recently announced alliance of CO/DL/KL/AF/NW goes through, the way I see it, BA/AA will have no choice in the matter.

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:48 pm

WOOHOOOO!!! BA to STL sounds good to me

Sun Aug 25, 2002 1:56 pm

No. AA-BA has give up already.

As for the CO/DL/KL/AF/NW, it doesn't affect that much regarding to slots at LHR. CO/DL/NW all using Gatwick in London.

blink182

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:34 pm

If regulators will approve the CO/KL/NW/DL/AF deal, I think they have no choice but to approve AA/BA if you ask me.

If this means BA putting a larger aircraft into DFW(hint 744) than I am all for it as well.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

MAH4546

Sun Aug 25, 2002 2:45 pm

AA-STL, BA to STL sounds good to me too, but it's likely never going to happen. AA will take care of the STL-LON flights.

Blink182, all BA 747-400s are based in LHR. DFW would need to be added to the LHR cities before BA 744s would land in Dallas. And I totally agree with you, if NW/CO/DL is approved, BA/AA will have a fit if they aren't. NW/CO/DL will offer them a HUGE advantage over AA and US/UA, and AA/BA will argue that they should also have some sort of huge advantage. Then again, I doubt that NW/CO/DL is going to be approved.

a.

747firstclass

Sun Aug 25, 2002 10:55 pm

Please, please everyone dont forget that KL and AF have openskies agreements with the US. It means that any US airline can fly from any US city to any city in the Netherlands and France. If the AA/BA alliance wants to go forward it means that LHR must be open to call US carriers to be served from any US city. Thats the big difference in this situation. So as you can see, we are not even comparing apples to oranges!!! Hope that reminder helps.