parisien

No Advanced Seats On UA?

Mon Aug 26, 2002 12:20 am

I am flying to SFO next week from CDG. Got my seat for that one no problem. However, for my trip back via ORD (SFO-ORD then ORD CDG) I could not get seat assignment on the web nor when I called UA. I was told that the seats were blocked and would be assigned only at the airport.
What is the reason for blocking seats ? Does this mean that no one has been assigned seats or simply that the percentage of seats made available in advance have all been taken ?
any infos would be appreciated.

UALPHLCS

RE: No Advanced Seats On UA?

Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:44 am

The percentage of seats that where open for pre-assignment are gone. Someone from rez could probalbly tell you exactly but I think UA only opens 30% of the airplane for pre-assignment.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

BA

Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:51 am

UALPHLCS is correct.

Only a small percentage of the seats on United's flights can have advanced seat assignments.

United Express flights do not have advanced seat assignments at all.

Regards
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

Mon Aug 26, 2002 10:57 am

How long has that been the policy? I remember getting advanced seat assignments for a UAex flight between IAD and RDU.... 2A on a CRJ... but that was a few years ago.

southstar

Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:00 am

Not completely true about United Express flights not having advance seat assignments, I'm travelling ATL-IAD on UA Express and have been pre assigned seats by Reservations in Sydney.

Regards  Smile