PacificFlyer

Flying Thai First.

Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:31 am

Hello,

When I lived in Thailand, I flew Thai Airways very often. I've been living in the USA for almost seven years now, and those days are now but just fond memories! However, I am going back to bangkok for the first time in a long while, at the end of this year or during the Spring so I can't wait and I am very excited! I live in Orlando (MCO) I hope to be flying THAI again, catch the TG flight in LAX back to Bangkok. I will be flying first class, and I've heard that TG have renovated some of their 744s with the new first class seats, the sleeper seats. I remember the old first class but I just want to know what the new Royal First Class is like, that I might be experiancing on my flight?
If I can't get TG to Bangkok, connecting from MCO, maybe another carrier. UA, NW, JL? Any suggestions what else is good?
Thanks in advance!

Ryanair!!!

RE: Flying Thai First.

Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:21 am

They have slumberettes for f class. Search for the pics in the database...
Welcome to my starry one world alliance, a team in the sky!

Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:46 am

If you are participating Thai's FFP program, then I suggest UA.

You can still earn miles on UA flight. As for the connection, try UA, cause they have possible connection with TG.

PacificFlyer

Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:03 am

Wow, these are quite different from the last time I flew them in 1996 to the US!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Europix

How are they?

VS What I am used to fly with sometime ago!

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Francis Liang

I had TG's Royal Orchid Plus when I lived in Thailand, but I terminated it since I thought that I won't use them anymore. Now I have UA's Milege Plus.

TG992

Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:33 am

Last time I flew TG (last month), the F seats in the pics above were still there. Aircraft was HS-TGL, I think.

Pacificflyer - email me! :P Haven't heard from you for ages!
-