aio86

Did United Sever Its Ties With Saudia & Emirates?

Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:36 pm

I was looking the United website and happened to check on the page that said their global alliance partners. They did not mention Saudi Arabian Airlines or Emirates. This leads me to ponder wheter or not they still are partners, whether they still code-share and wheter you can earn and redeem miles on one another's flights. United used to code share on flights between LHR-DXB and I believe on the JFK/IAD-Saudi Arabia flights.

Any insight?

-AIO86

The777Man

RE: Did United Sever Its Ties With Saudia & Emirates?

Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:21 am

Hi! Yes, UA did sever its ties with Saudi Arabian Airlines (SV) unfortunatly in May this year. No more codeshare and you cannot earn or redeem UA miles on SV. UA longer codeshares with EK but there's still a partnership when it comes to frequent flier miles, I think. I'll check today at work and will let you know. The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

qatarairways

Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:52 am

Qatar Airways has said that they will be anouncing a US partner as a precursor to entering an alliance. UA has been rumoured since QR and UA already interline and cooperate in Cargo also QR will be entering Star Alliance.

Maybe QR has asked UA to drop their cooperation with SV and EK has a condition.

The777Man

Fri Aug 30, 2002 3:11 pm

United Airlines still has a frequent flyer agreement with Emirates (EK). UA Mileage Plus members can earn and redeem miles on all EK flights. Not sure if EK has any other US partners. The777Man
Boeing 777s flown: UA, TG, KE, BA, CX, NH, JD, JL, CZ, SQ, EK, NG, CO, AF, SV, KU, DL, AA, MH, OZ, CA, MS, SU, LY, RG, PE, AZ, KL, VN, PK, EY, NZ, AM, BR, AC, DT, UU, OS, AI, 9W, KQ, QR, VA, JJ, ET, TK, PR, BG, T5, CI, MU and LX.. Further to fly.. LH 777

RickB

Fri Aug 30, 2002 9:30 pm

Best of both worlds for Emirates then - you can also earn and redeem BA miles on Emirates flights - so looks like Emirates have a foot in both OneWorld and Star Alliance !!

RickB

euroschu

Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:56 am

Emirates just recently joined Delta as a Skymiles partner as well...covering all bases in the US.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos