lanperu

Is This True About CX's New J-Class?

Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:26 pm

I heard from a member on this site that apparently, passengers on CX's new J-Class are sliding off the seats when flat. Now, I doubt this is true, I mean an airline would not just put the seats in without testing them would they? I highly doubt this is true, but member "X" claims there is articles and everything.

LanPeru

avionpg

RE: Is This True About CX's New J-Class?

Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:47 pm

It is true I have also heard it from a lot of people. A friend of mine just flew on CX in business class and told me the lady sitting next to her slid to the point that her skirt was above her waist and her seatbelt was under her armpits. The problem with the seat is that it is not truly flat but that it is at an angle which makes it flat for the body but not to the horizon so people then to slip down on the seat. CX Is keeping this news very hush hush. Giving pax that complain money back and all kinds of other stuff.

Dave

B-HXB

Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:56 pm

Funny... I've heard from others who say that the seat is brilliant and that they've not had any problems sliding off... although I did hear somewhere that CX were modifying the seat so the new recline is 8 instead of the current 13 degrees so I guess some pax have been experiencing some problems...

Cathay Pacific

Sun Sep 01, 2002 4:57 pm

"....her skirt was above her waist and her seatbelt was under her armpits", isn't this a bit exaggerating??

Btw, why doesn't CX rectify the problem by changing the degree of the slope?
cathay pacific, now you're really flying

krisworldB777

Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:52 pm

Lovely description......
Is it really that bad? I still can't understand why SQ and CX didn't decide to make the seats go flat out. Defies logic in my opinion!

jesseycy

Sun Sep 01, 2002 6:56 pm

KrisworldB777, their explanation was that during cruising, the plane would be at a slight angle up. So if you make it totally flat, your head would be banging against the back. Instead of sligind fowards, you'll be sliding backwards.....

cathay250

Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:00 pm

I think the main point is to make a distinguish product from First class.

SInGAPORE_AIR

Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:21 pm

"the lady sitting next to her slid to the point that her skirt was above her waist and her seatbelt was under her armpits"

Laugh out loud hehe. If it was an attractive lady, I think there would be only 1 complaint - from her!

Anyway, I think it's strange that CX decided to put the seat out on such an incline. Didn't they test it thoroughly before they rolled it out?

That's a picture from the CX website

Anyone can fly, only the best Soar.

krisworldB777

Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:42 pm

I would guess it is to do with differentiating the product but still it does seem rather silly doesn’t it? Anyone got any pictures of it in the fully reclined position FROM the side??

Yes I echo your comments Singapore_Air: If it was Anna Kournikova or the Kylie I would have been there ready and waiting to inspect the damage and kiss it all better! Big grin:D Oh one can only dream….

flyinghighboy

Sun Sep 01, 2002 7:49 pm

Looks pretty cramped in that picture

oxygen

Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:20 pm

Well, the main reason of having the seat at an angle is not because of the cruising angle, but because in this way less space is used and so people can go 'flat out' even in a 60" pitch. In this configuration, the seat back in the front is actually overlapping the legrest of the seat behind from above.

Having the bed at an angle is the sacrifice. Of course the airlines can make all the seats go horizontal, and give each seat a 78" pitch, but this is business class, not first class, and one cannot expect getting first class seating at business class fare.