LN-MOW
Topic Author

The Pathetic Truth About TSA

Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:21 am

''When a gunman opened fire at a Los Angeles International Airport ticket counter on July Fourth, the nation's new agency in charge of airport security got its first chance to swing into action.
Instead, it said the shooting was outside its jurisdiction.''

This is the beginning of an article that was published in Seattle Times today. It gives a very sad insight in the creation of a monster ...

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/134528487_tsa04.html

- I am LN-MOW, and I approve this message.

a/c dxer

RE: The Pathetic Truth About TSA

Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:25 am

The TSA is a joke and doesn't know anything about security. They just come up with stupid rules that won't help.

jcs17

Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:38 am

I think that things would definitely be better for the TSA if a certain political party in the US would stop championing a no "racial profiling" platform. Lets face it, without racial profiling the TSA is faced with the problem of terrorism with one hand tied behind its back.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

cloudy

Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:36 pm

All of the problems of the TSA were foreseen by conservative legislators, and they were accused of catering to business interests. If you think the free market is doing a mediocre job - just wait and see how getting government involved can institutionalize the mediocrity. This is also a good example of why legislation should not be passed as an immediate response to a 'crisis' event.

Also, no matter how much you pay them, you are not going to find very many smart people who enjoy watching an x-ray screen all day, etc. This is reality. I can think of no way to avoid it. I really doubt that bureaucrats are the best people to come up with an answer to this problem.