We were told today AA will be dropping the following routes in December
SJC/LAX
SJC/SAN
SJC/SNA
SJC/LAS

SFO/LAX
SFO/SNA(Eagle)

RNO/LAX

This is the last of what was once the QQ routes......

AA will also reduce capacity in the first class cabins of its 737 and 757 from 20 and 22 respectively to 12. MRTC coach seats will be added.
The TSA was created to make the post office look efficient!

jcs17

RE: AA Cuts More Routes/Cuts F/C Capacity

Fri Sep 06, 2002 2:46 pm

The fact that AA is dropping the last of its Reno Air routes isnt too suprising, it just proves the strength of WN (and to a certain extent UA) in California.

I am suprised though that they are dropping first class down to 12 seats on the fives. I might be able to understand dropping to 16, but 12 is pretty low. This could really come back and bite AA, especially with Gold and Silver AAdvantage members. Now the only people who will be getting upgraded on most flights will be Platinum and Exec. Platinum. To the average Silver/Gold member the change will be obvious, its not like taking a tomato off the salad in FC, and if I was them I might be pretty annoyed. Adding capacity on the existing flights is a good idea, alienating people who might fly 40k a year is a bad thing.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

sllevin

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:01 pm

I have to agree that cutting all the way back to twelve is pretty severe. And most of the time F manages to be fairly full -- more than 12 seats. And it sure doesn't appear that, most of the time, it's operational (read: free) upgrades, since I'm Platinum and when I opt to stay in Y I don't get bumped forward much.

Steve

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:15 pm

*expresses shock* the entire west coast dropped by AA.... jeez. guess they just couldnt fight WN anymore on the sjc/lax legs... the first class thing kinda surprises me, doesn't seem like a very good strategy.

milemaster

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:16 pm

I don't buy it.

I would take this with a grain of salt for now.

UA744Flagship

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:22 pm

Sometimes its hard to even get upgrades as PLT.

I didn't get an upgrade on an SFO-DFW flight the other day on a 757 with 22 seats!
no wire hangers!

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:25 pm

how many seats will this add to the 737s and 757s?

Rai

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:30 pm

California seems to be taking the brunt of the cuts. Are things going so badly over there?

N960AS

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:46 pm

ummmm.....source?

Wow, that's all rather drastic. I'm sorry, if it is indeed true, to see them end LAX-SFO/SJC. Will the ERJ140 service from LAX to OAK stay? That always seemed like the odd one out of those three [it was main-line pre-9/11 I believe]. Will AA also pull LAX-LAS and LAX-PHX. PHX is operated with ERJs [mainline M80s pre-9/11] and LAS is M80s. I would imagine LA-Bay area has higher yields, but I guess that doesn't matter these days. I don't know if those are ex-QQ routes or what.

Anyway, I hope AA keeps those, DL has basically withered away to nothing and UA as it has done everywhere has really reduced its operation. Will AA consolidate all LAX mainline flights at T4? T3 is rather shabby and just isn't the same without my beloved TWA [Totally Wasted by American - points to whoever worked that one out]. However, as much as AA let people know they had flights out of T3 and T4 people are always confused.

This is kinda crappy really - it is not the first time an airline has come in and bought up a west coast carrier like QQ and then eventually totally abandoned all the old routes [USAir with PSA comes to mind]. I guess the west is only territory of three - Alaska/Horizon, Southwest and United.

JW/LAX

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Michael F. McLaughlin

guess I should pay some respects...they always seemed like a good little airline, I love the MD80/90 and they always seemed to like LAX...all good in my book

UA744Flagship

Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:58 pm

P.S. I can't believe SJC-SNA will be dropped. This is a very nerd-bird high-yield flight, just like SJC-AUS.

Also, what would AA do with all those freed up slots at SNA?
no wire hangers!

JUANITO

Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:50 pm

The first thing that comes into my mind is maybe Jetblue will pick up the slack and go head to head with SWA.

Sean-SAN-

Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:06 pm

This is pathetic. The SAN-SJC flights, as well as the SJC-LAX flights are always pretty full. At least they could just reduce capacity, but killing all the flights? What about the Sony, HP, Gateway, and biotech employees who live in SD and goto SJC all the time? The first class seems a little wacky, but I guess it makes sense in this economy. But jeez, just killing the west coast??? Ahhh, I'm so pissed.

-Sean

AA-SAN

Fri Sep 06, 2002 5:44 pm

Having flown most of these routs, and seeing the loads, especially in first, I'll believe it when I see it. You've provided very reliable info in the past, but these just don't seem like very likely moves by AA. Having learned their lesson through the abandonment of RDU and BNA in the past, I think that AA would be crazy to drop so many SJC flights. It would basically ammount to giving up on SJC as a mini-hub. That is one of the few reasons that I still hold on to my AA loyalty. Let's hope that this is just a false rumor, or I'm going to have to find another way to travel around CA until AA pulls it's head out of you know where and realizes that its west coast presence was a very valuable asset, even if it wasn't making any money in these very difficult times.

Sean-SAN-

Fri Sep 06, 2002 6:09 pm

A little more proof, clarification...

I just checked with my roommate who's booked AA SAN-SJC-SAN during December. Yesterday travelocity contacted him about a change in plans. Looks like his flight was cancelled, and changed. The new flight is still a direct SAN-SJC flight. Perhaps these are just readjustments to work with the new peaking scheme, and the loss of connecting flights thru SJC, and not a total abandonment. SJC used to get a lot of connecting traffic to and from SAN, like AUS-SJC-SAN, but with all the cuts it's probably languishing.

-Sean

FlyPNS1

Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:37 pm

The once daily LAX-ABQ is supposed to get chopped as well.

Although these cuts seem drastic, I wouldn't be totally surprised. Sure the planes are full....but the yields are absolutely terrible because AA is matching WN's fares. On routes where AA is using RJ's, you need some high fares to balance out the relatively high CASM of the ERJ. Yields are likely to get worse with JB's arrival in the LGB-OAK market.

I had heard about the reduction in F seats on the 738. Although I thought it was only supposed to go from 20 to 16. To be fair, CO and DL only have 16 F seats. Putting more seats makes some sense since A) most in F are just upgraders B) AA already has MRTC so coach isn't too bad C) the extra seats allow AA to make a little more money per plane (even if they're just filling them with lowfare travelers) and D) it will increase mainline ASM's which should provide a little help on the scope clause issues.

aa777flyer

Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:47 pm

If flights are full as are the routes AA is dropping does not mean they are making $$. The yields are so low that they still loose $$ overalll. Kind of the same reason that we are cutting back on F capacity. 99% of first class traffic is some type of upgrade, and the revenue generated does not offset the cost of providing the product. Sorry all you PLT GOLD and EXC PLT members out there but AA is not a charity to provide free upgrades to you.

Stretch 8

Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:16 pm

Lads:

I have not been keeping up with AA. Did they drop all of the old TWA n/s Europe flights from Lambert/STL?
Maggs swings, it's a drive deep to left! The Tigers are going to the World Series!!!

MAH4546

Fri Sep 06, 2002 10:46 pm

LAX-ABQ service is not being dropped, but becomes Saturday-only in October.

Stretch 8, the only STL-Europe services were Paris and Gatwick. Gatwick remains.
a.

BNE

Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:11 pm

SJC/LAX
SJC/SAN
SJC/SNA
SJC/LAS

SFO/LAX
SFO/SNA(Eagle)

RNO/LAX & SJC/LAX,

I can't believe that they would drop LAX-SFO, I thought that United getting rid of shuttle by United would leave some room for American to stay. Is Southwest going to end up with the market to themselves.

Why fly non stop when you can connect

FlyPNS1

Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:19 pm

I consider changing a flight from daily to once a week to be dropping a flight. Lets face it, what good is a Sat. only flight going to do for business travelers??? All AA will get now is some leisure traffic and nothing more...the rest will go to WN.

ont 737

Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:19 pm

BNE,

United did stop their Shuttle service, but replaced it with mainline service the following day. UA has flights leaving at least every hour on SFO-LAX.

ont 737

Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:27 pm

FlyPNS1
AA's LAX-ABQ flight is mainly operated for maintenance purposes rather than passenger service. The LAX-ABQ flight continues to DFW so the ERJs can get work done on them.

Cheers,
ONT

-And if they really end up cutting SNA-SFO then they would probably be cutting their 1x daily SNA-LAX ERJ flight as well.

aa777flyer

Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:29 pm

The schedule should be loaded into SABRE this Sat or next.

bkkair

Fri Sep 06, 2002 11:53 pm

Very hard to believe all these cuts.

What about SJC-NRT? This won't help that flight with less connections.

I have a friend who flew SJC-NRT last week and 60% full. He flies it once a month and it has always been full in the past so he was shocked.

AASTEW

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:15 am

None of these changes has been stated by AMERICAN AIRLINES CORPRATE COMMUNICATIONS....

For the person who stated 737 and 757 f/c cabins would be downgraded to 12 from 20 and 22 respectively, just to provided space for the MRTC cabin. All AA airplanes are already completed!! What are you talking about?

AA F/A LGA

Trvlr

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:19 am

If you can say goodbye to all of these West Coast routes, you can probably also say goodbye to SJC-NRT. And the SJC-Hawaii routes, for that matter.

Horrible news, but I will only believe it when I see it.

Aaron G.

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:28 am

UA744Flagship writes:
"Sometimes its hard to even get upgrades as PLT.

I didn't get an upgrade on an SFO-DFW flight the other day on a 757 with 22 seats!"

Upgrades are determined by a host of factors, and not just by the mere fact that one is Platinum.

If you made Platinum by a challenge, it is likely that your YTD miles are much less than the YTD miles of a Platinum who actually earned the status year over year. YTD miles at any level figure into upgrade allocation. AA, of course, will never admit to this. But it happens.

Another thing AA will never tell you is that revenue YTD also affects upgrade allocation, especially when that upgrade is at the discretion of a reservation agent.

I imagine that these factors played some role in your being denied an upgrade on this prime trunk route. As someone said earlier, AA is not a charity established to provide upgrades. If there are Plats and ExecPlats with more YTD miles, higher ticket premiums, and more YTD revenue, then a student like you who travels on deeply discounted fares and made Platinum on a challenge realistically shouldn't and often doesn't get AA's attention.

Tan Flyr

Sat Sep 07, 2002 2:10 am

Ladevale...You point out some interesting points about how upgrades are allocated. I presumed that when you registered online for an upgrade it was based on time of request and level(plat/gold). The revenue thing is an interesting thing, particularly sine AA keeps steering us to use the web site and its' presumably lower fares.

This is a bit disturbing, as I am currently Platinum and have been Platinum or Gold for over 10 or 12 years in a row. By having sky high fares they force(economically) me to use a fare with a Saturday stay most of the time. Now, it appears I am being punished for doing that. As a small business, I cannot afford the fares that multinationals pay everyday for walk-up tickets.

The U.S. economy is driven by small and mid sized business...the older trunk carriers better wake up and find a better way to do business with us. A return to "Value Pricing" would one mighty big step in that direction.

Aa777flyer noted that AA is not a charity...well that is true. However, you are in the service business. If you guys want to be in business 5 years from now, you had better figure out damn quick how to deliver a better product, more efficiently, and at a better(more fair) price,consistently for your best customers. (You guys created the FF program, and about 100 ways to accrue miles into it, and now you don't want us to use them for upgrades..or maybe either free tix either..Seems to me an upgrade is cheaper to provide than a free tix)

If management and those of you in labor don't figure this out real quick I believe that several of the majors will be gone..forever. ( Just like network TV has lost to more innovative cable producers)

Good luck!

UA744Flagship

Sat Sep 07, 2002 3:38 am

Ladevale- big fat "duh".

The point is, PLT are a dime a dozen these days.

Of course I'm on the bottom of the PLT list. But what amazes me were that there were 14+ PLTs and higher on a 757 which only had 8 seats blocked, and in which Coach was a quarter full.
no wire hangers!

Sean-SAN-

Sat Sep 07, 2002 5:16 am

This is the wave of the future folks.. Just look at the airlines in the EU, even British.. First class will soon just be economy++ .. Still, anything's better then ghetto WN.

-Sean

jahckass

Sat Sep 07, 2002 11:39 am

This would be VERY VERY upsetting. This would be the SECOND time American has take over an airline that had major presence in San Jose then eliminated that presence. I dont want to fly Southwest, but with all the cuts and added fees, American is not much of a better choice. What would be really disturbing is if they keep the AE OAK/LAX flights and dont put AE in to SJC on the LAX or SNA runs.

txagkuwait

Sat Sep 07, 2002 12:45 pm

Sean write, and I quote >>"Still, anything's better then ghetto WN."<<

You know, I get real tired of everyone who feels like WN is such a bad choice,...the vast majority of whom have never flown WN.

Most of the folks (on this board, anyhow) who denigrate WN are high school age kids who don't like the paint job, don't like the fact that they were smart and only bought one type of aircraft, don't like the fact that they were largely responsible for bringing air travel to the masses, but more importantly don't pay for their own airplane tickets.

WN is a good choice. The seating is darned near as good as MRTC...and a heck of a lot better than other carrier's Coach product. Customer complaint rates are low.....and not because expectations are low. They do a very good job of focusing on the basics and getting them done right.

Food? Try getting food on most 3 or 4 hr flights. If you are incredibly lucky you get a bistro bag on AA. 3 hrs SEA-PHX the other day on HP and the entire cabin service was 1 (one) small bag of pretzels and 1 (one) small cup of Pepsi. No refills.

I don't understand the antipathy towards WN. I really don't. I do understand that AA learned a while back between AUS and DAL that they cannot compete with WN in the short haul market.

Back to AA, though. What I expect to see is that AA will not exit all those SJC markets being mentioned here....instead what you will see is a whole bunch of American Eagle flights using "Barbie's Dream Jet" (aka RJ) in and out of there.

Let's see....is an assigned seat worth writing in a little bitty seat in a cabin that I cannot stand up in with one FA who might get by to provide a single beverage service? Hmmmm I guess I'll stick with the corndog-colored planes.

I like AA, I fly them all the time on routes where WN is not present. But where WN is, they are the carrier of choice with me and a host of others. For many reasons.

MAH4546

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:01 pm

Latest word is that, at least in the routes are not goners, but are going RJ (although SNA-SFO already has).
a.

jcs17

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:02 pm

Describing an airline as ghetto...haha! I mean, are they involved in drive-bys, gang shootings, do the pilots show up with 40s in their jackets (oh, sorry, America West, touchy subject), are the pilots briefcases filled with jacked watches, or are the pilots selling crack on the ramp? Do Southwest's 737-200s have nice rims at least?

Anyway, I take WN only if I have to (if the only alternative is driving), just because I prefer having an assigned seat, I like my FF programs, and I like flying something other than a 737 (a pretty boring plane, if you asked for my opinion, although the NGs are pretty cool). As to Southwests color scheme, they have gotten rid of the "corndog" a while back and are gradually repainting a/c in a blue color scheme.
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Dariusz Jezewski

I'm 19, I'm a college student, andI respect WN alot, they have a very successful business plan, and they have stuck to it. Something a lot of other low-fare carriers fail to do.
America's chickens are coming home to rooooost!

Sean-SAN-

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:26 pm

I'll just forget about the first part of TxAg's comments, since from his username it sounds like he is an Aggie and therefore has limited intelligence... sorry, UT fan here =)

Why is WN ghetto? In our modern vernacular ghetto used as an additive basically means cheap, dirty, attracting poor customers i.e. KMart, and basically lower class. These things fit WN exactly. FYI, I have been subjected to numerous WN flights despite TxAg's hypothesis, and it sucks. The flights usually aren't any cheaper on the west coast unless you're buying after the 14/7 advanced purchase (the only time I fly them). The old cabins are ugly. The F/A's are generally pretty nice, but customer service is unpolished. If you don't get to the airport early, you get stuck in the middle seat. The legroom sucks. There are no upgrades, and the FF program is lame. You're treated like a piece of cargo, and despite what others say, AA just treats their pax better- AAdvantage, upgrades, more professional staff with more professional attire, etc etc etc.. I do most of my flying on HP and even they are light-years ahead of WN in the same categories.

-Sean

sllevin

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:40 pm

I'll split the difference. I agree that WN has an outstanding coach product. Better than anything except MRTC.

The main reasons I don't fly WN most of the time are:

1) Getting through security and checkin quickly (saving me hours)
2) Better long-haul schedules (for example, being able to leave JFK at 6:35pm and still getting home to SJC at 10:35pm)

If WN could solve #2 with more transcons, I might really consider dealing with #1.

Steve

Trvlr

Sat Sep 07, 2002 1:56 pm

However illegitimate WN-bashing may be, I do tend to agree with Sean regarding airline preference. If I had a choice between AA and WN (for me, it's routes like SAN-Bay Area and SAN-Chicago), I'd pick AA any day. Why? The frequent flyer program. Every flight I take I get a bunch of miles, which very quickly add up to a free ticket or an upgrade. Plus, in coach, AA really isn't all that bad. You get a lot of legroom, and most f/a's are pretty friendly if you're just a personable guy.

I do fly WN from time to time, but to destinations where AA does not offer nonstop service or reasonable connections. SAN-PHX and SAN-LAS are examples.

I may be in high school, but my reasons for choosing AA over WN are not because of the color scheme, or any trivial matter such as that. In fact, I've found prices on AA to be remarkably reasonable...at least to where I'm going. I'm going to become a Gold AAdvantage member this year as a result of all the AA flying I've done. Personally I view AAdvantage (or MileagePlus etc etc) elite status as a better reward than Rapid Rewards points. Better, that is, if you're the type of flyer I and my family are: people whose trips evenly consist of regional and transcontinental or intercontinental flights.

JCs17: LOL!

Aaron G.

777boy

Sun Sep 08, 2002 2:50 pm

As of AA's Sept. 7th timetable, SJC-LAS, LAX, SAN, SNA for January 15 (random date past December) still list as M80s/738s. I don't see any changes there. I REALLY hope AA doesn't drop these routes, and I really doubt they would.

Matt

FATFlyer

Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:48 am

Looks like the changes are starting to get loaded in the res systems. SJC-LAX is getting 8 weekday RJs, SJC-SAN is getting 4 RJs.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

usairways85

Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:53 am

a little O/T
my dad is a high status FF for AA, and we used to receive the AA timetable every couple of months, however we haven't received one for 4 months or so, does anyone know if AA is still sending out timetables to their FF members?

MAH4546

Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:01 am

As sated above, SJC-LAX and SJC-SAN are going to American Eagle. The RJs are coming from LAX-PHX, FLL-RDU, and LAX-ABQ, all dead this fall. The M80s will be moving out to O'Hare, where they will take the place of some 738s, those 738s are moving to Miami to start new services.
a.

AA777-200

RE: Usairways85

Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:32 am

AA has quit publishing Timetables. They are only available online now or as the electronic timetable download. It was a cost cutting measure in hopes of getting back to profitability. Hope this helps.
Brad

FATFlyer

Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:12 am

Also looks like Fresno is gaining an additional RJ flight on FAT-LAX in December. No other LAX Saab routes appear to changing in December.
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

FlyPNS1

Tue Sep 17, 2002 5:20 am

SJC-PHX is a goner too.

Boeingfan

Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:46 am

AA Fact vs Fiction

True some AA schedules in the west will be adjusted to customer demand.

True reduction of F class seating has been proposed, however the exact number of premium cabin seats per aircraft type remains to be determined.

The algorithmic equations are currently being worked out to offer maximum customer flexibility while maximizing yield management per resource mission.

AAdvantage is the best FF program in the business. Every effort is made to accomodate premium customers to the appropriate service level.

More room through out coach, only on American Bf

AAR90

Tue Sep 17, 2002 7:20 am

Here's what AA posted today on one of its employee websites:
+++++++++++++++++++++
Winter Schedule Changes

We announced plans in August to reduce capacity through the fall and winter, primarily by reducing jet frequencies and adding American Eagle and AmericanConnection flying. Today, we're announcing changes covering December through March 2003. A complete schedule has been sent to managers and supervisors to share with you in more detail, and the schedule will be available on Jetnet.

Here are the changes that will be loaded in SABRE on Sept. 15:

Central U.S.
Beginning Dec. 2, jet service between St. Louis-Dayton and St. Louis- Springfield will transition to AmericanConnection service, with Springfield operations becoming all regional jet Jan. 31. Also on Dec. 2, service between St. Louis and Houston will transition from all AA jet service to one AA jet and three AmericanConnection regional jets per day.

AA jet service between Chicago and Oklahoma City will be replaced with Eagle regional jets beginning Jan. 7, and on Mar. 2 American jet service between Dallas/Fort Worth and Dayton will become all Eagle regional jet service.

West Coast
On Dec. 15, AA jet service between San Jose-San Diego and San Jose-Los Angeles will transition to Eagle regional jets.

In order to fly these new routes, Eagle and AmericanConnection will reduce or discontinue frequency in some markets and increase it in others.

On Nov. 1, Eagle will reduce frequency between Chicago and Columbus, Kalamazoo, Madison, Columbus, Fort Wayne and Traverse City. Eagle will also reduce frequency between Dallas/Fort Worth and Grand Rapids, New York Kennedy and Baltimore, New York Kennedy and Albany, effective Nov. 1. On Nov. 15, Eagle will reduce frequency between Chicago and Peoria, Chicago and Dayton, Chicago and Milwaukee, Chicago and Richmond, and between New York Kennedy and Boston.

On Dec. 2, AmericanConnection will reduce flights between St. Louis and Cincinnati and between St. Louis and Sioux Falls.

On Dec.15, Eagle will discontinue flying between San Jose and Phoenix and between Los Angeles and Phoenix. Also on Dec. 15, Eagle will reduce frequency between Dallas/Fort Worth and Jackson, and Eagle will discontinue service between Dallas/Forth Worth and Memphis while American will increase its flights from 5 jets to 6.

On Jan. 7, Eagle will reduce flights between Chicago and both Champaign and Grand Rapids. On Mar. 2, Eagle will increase regional jet flying between Chicago and Nashville, complementing American's three daily roundtrips.

These changes are intended to help us meet our goal of more appropriately matching capacity with demand moving forward. Although we don't know full people impact yet, employees in these markets will be notified shortly of any effects. As with previous announcements, we are doing everything possible to minimize involuntary layoffs with attrition, various voluntary options and retirements. More information is available through your department leaders or on Jetnet.

Summary of Changes
Following is a detailed list of the schedule and service changes as of September 13, 2002.

Route --> Going From --> Going To --> Effective Date

Chicago-Madison--> 8 regional jets --> 7 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Columbus --> 9 regional jets--> 8 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Kalamazoo--> 5 regional jets --> 4 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Fort Wayne --> 4 regional jets --> 3 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Traverse City --> 3 regional jets --> 2 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Dallas-Grand Rapids --> 3 regional jets --> 2 regional jets --> Nov. 1

New York Kennedy-Baltimore --> 5 turboprops --> 4 turboprops (seasonal) --> Nov. 1

New York Kennedy-Albany --> 4 turboprops --> 3 turboprops (seasonal) --> Nov. 1

Boston-White Plains --> 6 regional jets --> 5 regional jets --> Nov. 15

New York Kennedy-Boston --> 7 regional jets --> 6 regional jets --> Nov. 15

Chicago-Dayton --> 5 regional jets --> 4 regional jets --> Nov. 15

Chicago-Milwaukee --> 6 regional jets --> 5 regional jets --> Nov. 15

Chicago-Peoria --> 4 regional jets --> 3 regional jets --> Nov. 15

Chicago-Richmond --> 4 regional jets --> 3 regional jets --> Nov. 15

St. Louis-Cincinnati --> 5 AX regional jets --> 4 AX regional jets --> Dec. 2

St. Louis-Dayton --> 3 jets --> 5 AX regional jets --> Dec. 2

St. Louis-Houston --> 3 jets --> 1 jet; 3 AX regional jets --> Dec. 2

St. Louis-Springfield --> 5 jets; 5 turboprops --> 6 regional jets; 4 turboprops (all AX) --> Dec. 2

St. Louis-Sioux Falls --> 5 AX regional jets --> 4 AX regional jets --> Dec. 2

Dallas/Forth Worth-Memphis --> 5 jets; 2 regional jets --> 6 jets --> Dec. 15

Dallas/Fort Worth-Jackson --> 6 regional jets --> 5 regional jets --> Dec. 15

San Jose-San Diego --> 5 jets --> 4 regional jets --> Dec. 15

San Jose-Phoenix --> 4 regional jets --> No service --> Dec. 15

Los Angeles-San Jose --> 8 jets --> 8 regional jets --> Dec. 15

Los Angeles-Phoenix --> 5 regional jets --> No service --> Dec. 15

Chicago-Grand Rapids --> 6 regional jets --> 5 regional jets --> Jan. 7

Chicago-Oklahoma City --> 3 jets --> 5 regional jets --> Jan. 7

Chicago-Champaign --> 6 regional jets --> 4 regional jets --> Jan. 7

St. Louis-Springfield --> 6 regional jets;4 turboprops --> 10 regional jets --> Jan. 31

Chicago-Nashville --> 3 jets; 1 regional jet --> 3 jets; 3 regional jets --> Mar. 2

Dallas/Fort Worth-Dayton --> 2 jets;1 regional jet --> 4 regional jets --> Mar. 2

Oct., Nov., Dec. and Jan. Schedule Adjustments Announced Previously

Chicago-Washington Dulles --> 5 jets --> 6 regional jets --> Oct. 1

Chicago-Syracuse --> 3 jets; 2 regional jets --> 5 regional jets --> Oct. 1

Dallas/Fort Worth-Madison --> 1 regional jet --> No service --> Oct. 1

LaGuardia-Norfolk --> 3 regional jets --> No service --> Oct. 1

Dallas/Forth Worth-Savannah --> 2 regional jets --> No service --> Oct. 15

Raleigh/Durham-Fort Lauderdale
3 regional jets
No service
Oct. 15

Chicago-Bloomington --> 3 regional jets --> No service --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Albany --> 3 jets --> 5 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Harrisburg --> 2 jets; 2 regional jets --> 4 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Dallas/Fort Worth-Knoxville --> 2 jets; 1 regional jet --> 3 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Dallas/Fort Worth-Cincinnati --> 3 jets --> 4 regional jets --> Nov. 1

Dallas/Fort Worth-Greensboro --> 2 jets --> 3 regional jets --> Nov. 1

St. Louis-Charlotte --> 4 jets --> 5 AX regional jets --> Nov. 1

St. Louis-Moline --> 6 jets; 3 turboprops --> 6 regional jets; 4 turboprops (all AX service) --> Nov. 1

Chicago-Duluth --> 3 regional jets --> No service --> Dec. 1

Chicago-Buffalo --> 5 jets --> 6 regional jets --> Jan. 31

Dallas/Fort Worth-Buffalo --> 1 jet --> 1 regional jet --> Jan. 31

Chicago-Rochester --> 4 jets; 2 regional jets --> 6 regional jets --> Jan. 31

*NO CARRIER* -- A Naval Aviator's worst nightmare!

nicksair

Tue Sep 17, 2002 4:33 pm

YAHOO!!!!!!!! Finally AE ERJ's Come To SAN YAY!!!!

Regards,
Nick KSAN/KMYF
Nicholas William Reed KSAN/KLAX/KSFO

ouboy79

Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:04 am

TOL escapes without reduced frequency...I guess it pays for the station to be one of the more profitable ones in the system.  Smile Unfortunately it is sad to see some cities lose service all together.  Sad

Trvlr

Wed Sep 18, 2002 5:43 am

Nicksair: I agree! But too bad they're not coming from LAX Sad.

I actually prefer the Super 80s...chance for an upgrade Smile.

Aaron G.