BFS
Topic Author

FF Miles - Business Class Only?

Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:27 am

This question in particular refers to British Airways and bmi. To (a) join Executive Club and Diamond Club respectively and (b) earn miles/points, do you have to fly business class. If so there is no point in me joining since as a humble university student (with no grant and minimum student loan!) who shall always buy the cheapest of cheap economy tickets.
Does anybody know?

RE: FF Miles - Business Class Only?

Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:12 pm

Ever thought about checking the BA website ????????

jwenting

Thu Sep 12, 2002 3:45 pm

good question Floris  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

In my experience (though that's not with BA) you will get FF miles whichever class you fly. You'll just get more of them in businessclass (or first, if the airline has that).
One of the perks of FF programs is that you can get upgrades to businessclass (once you get enough of them) and access to services usually only open to businessclass passengers (depending on your card level usually, which again depends on the number of FF miles you have accumulated).
Giving the card only to businessclass passengers would make those perks rather useless, as these passengers already have them anyway.
I wish I were flying

scutfarcus

Thu Sep 12, 2002 8:25 pm

Depends if you are a UK or US member. The US program is way, way better. But even the US program is very stingy compared to US based airlines. I just got shafted last week flying BA SFO-LHR in "Q or M" class, which was a discounted ticket purchased through STA travel. Total number of miles accrued: Zero. That's bollocks, as the English say! Nonetheless, you should always join the program if you are flying them, since some miles are always better then none. For more info, you should post in the BA forum at www.flyertalk.com

Later -- Scut