westjet_8

Odd Things At YYC Today.

Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:00 am

Can anyone explain this stuff: ExCanadian Foker being dragged behind Spar Hanger;Westjet 737-200 in spar hanger; Constuction on Westjet hanger; What looked like construction at end of longest runway near tables and across from spar hanger; Construction along McCall way airside
Canadian. RIP 1999

fallingeese

RE: Odd Things At YYC Today.

Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:38 am

Here is my attempt. Ok here we go..you're gunna have to explain more about the Fokker. The 737-200 in Spar is because thye do all the heavy maintance for Westjet. 34 has construction being completed on it and the Westjet hangar is being expanded.
Mark McWhirter...Contrails Photography

westjet_8

Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:51 am

Whats going on at 34/what are they doing to the westjet hanger, The fokker Ex Canadian got towed from where all the other ExCanadian Fokkers are to somewhere behind the spar hanger.
Canadian. RIP 1999

westjet_8

Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:52 am

By the way thanks for all the info  Smile
Canadian. RIP 1999

fallingeese

Mon Sep 16, 2002 9:24 am

Ok, The Westjet Hangar's office space is being expanded, as you might have noticed they have also just generously built a new parking lot (between the firehall and Hangar). There are the ton of F-28's parked just off of McCall Landing (small road off of McCall Way, right near where the Fed Ex A310 parks), since they are now retired they have added more by Avmax, this is probably where they were moving about.

BO__einG

Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:17 am

Ooh ahh! This is interesting.. I have heard rumours a few weeks ago saying that there will be some Rwy Maintenance at our airport and some of our traffic may be rerouted via YEG.
Such as the international ones..

Also last weekend, (Saturday) did anybody see 6 F-18 Hornets of Cold Lake coming in to YYC? They all landed at the same time one after another and parked at Shell.. I didnt see em but someone emailed me and showed me some pictures of the stuff..

And then there are those Vickers VC-10..?!

And if anybody didnt check out the SSV post. Looks like a 2nd A333 will join in December and it will be based here.  Smile lalala!
Follow @kimbo_snaps on Instagram or bokimon- on Flickr to see more pics of me and my travels.

fallingeese

Mon Sep 16, 2002 11:42 am

What Bo? waht about VC-10's being here?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos