MIA777

Aer Lingus

Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:14 am

Why doesn't EI greatly expand their operations and perhaps even order a few A346s? It seems that there has to be some market to Ireland (possibly offering a cheaper connection to London and the rest of Europe). I would like to see a greater international expansion.

Possibly flights to Brazil, MIA, DFW, IAH....I know they are part of oneworld (AA offering a bulk of US domestic flights) but maybe they should just expand to became a greater more powerful and influential airline in the market...What are your thoughts?

BTW......is the LAX-DUB nonstop?

MIA777
MIA777

JBLUA320

RE: Aer Lingus

Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:19 am

IMHO, Aer Lingus needs to stay a small airline. I think it would be beneficial to partner up with airlines based at EI's focus cities instead of expanding to those cities with their own aircraft.

I think that EI could do quite well for themselves if they dont delge into markets that dont need service to Ireland (such as South Africa).

Personally, I dont know of many South Africans going to Ireland. But then again, I only know 2 South African people.

EI should do more market research and keep themselves local until they build up the strength they need to re-expand into the long-haul international market.

But thats just my opinion....

JBLU

scottysair

RE: Aer Lingus

Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:24 am

Let me reminders this one as for orders by A346 on Aer Lingus and this is really want need expands as for the new route to DFW, IAH, MIA, GIG, GRU, SFO, STL, PHX, LAS, ANC, and anywhere into the USA and asian too!!