hkgspotter1

Posting Of News From Other Sites.

Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:46 pm

OK, I understand that there is always breaking news that will be posted on this forum like a plane crash, major order etc. Whats starting to get boring is 5 posts a day regarding a profit, a loss, passenger loads up 0.000005 %..... I mean enough already. All these topics are copied from Yahoo and various other news sites. We have the ability to read them there.

Those posts are wasting band width EVERY DAY ??

swissgabe

RE: Posting Of News From Other Sites.

Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:50 pm

Well, I know what you are talking about and I fully support what you say ...

Guess the reason why you put this her and not in the "Site Related" part is that everyone should be able to see this ...
Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok

Sabena332

Wed Sep 18, 2002 11:58 pm

I agree absolutely!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

BlueShamu330s

Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:07 am

Have to admit I agree.

I've been away a while and I was disappointed to see on my return that airliners.net is as much one or two posters' outlets for posting all sorts of boring diatribe about their own particular favourite carrier as it was a few months ago.

Do we REALLY need to have topic lists full of regurgitated old news from Yahoo, ATW, etc ?? Why can't people use message board forums with specific airline folders for that kind of dross ??

What has happened to airliners.net ?? It never used to be like this, and frankly Moderators, it's a far more boring place because of it.  Sad

Shamu
So I drive a 4x4. So what?! Tax the a$$ off me for it...oh, you already have... :-(

trickijedi

Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:34 am

Hkgspotter1, as much as I agree with you, I also don't mind seeing those types of posts (albeit 5x a day).

Most people look to A.net as sort of a melting pot of information - so that they wouldn't have to look through all of Yahoo's headlines for all the relevant aviation topics for that day; or so that they wouldn't have to put in a search in Google for monthly airline figures, etc. They instead go to A.net for the consolidated info. It's kind of convenient in a sense.

As far as I'm concerned, if I see a statistical-related post about my favorite airline, 99% of the time I'll probably click on it and read up on its numbers and would probably find having what I read to be pretty informative. But of course, I would not have known it had it not been posted.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!

lapper

Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:43 am

If you sign up to the newsletter, you don't have to go trwling through all the different websites for snippets of news. SOme people have obviously got far too much time on their hands if all they do is surf the net looking for news to post on a forum site. I agree that this site is good to discuss a "newsworthy" item, but not for "XX Airline has carried 2 pax more than this time 13 months ago". Its just worthless information.

hkgspotter1

Thu Sep 19, 2002 9:55 am

Thank you for your replies and for not attacking me. I'm only bringing up a point that all the people I speak with agree on.

Republic

Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:31 pm

Hkspotter:

At least the posts you describe are aviation related.

What is really tiresome are xenophobic posts that are non-aviation related. They only serve to further reveal the biases, prejudices, and limitations of certain posters.

Regards,
Joe