ualisthebst

UA 777 Business Class Question

Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:34 am

I figured this would be the best place to field this question.

I have booked myself on UA flight 115, (B777 ORD-LAX), in late October with one of UA's webfares. ($176.50 round trip with tax, no joke) I used miles to upgrade myself and my friend to Business class. The agent who upgraded us felt that 9HJ (last row in a 2 row portion of C class) are excellent seats and recommended them. I checked out seatguru.com and got his opinion but I figured I would get your thoughts on row 9 vs. others in business class on the 777. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.
-Ualisthebst

SegmentKing

RE: UA 777 Business Class Question

Fri Sep 20, 2002 5:54 am

I always do row 8 in UA biz on the 777.... in case you are on a non C+ bird, row 8 will recline into your work space / personal space...

-nate
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

star_world

RE: UA 777 Business Class Question

Fri Sep 20, 2002 6:02 am

There isn't a huge difference in the space available in rows 8/9 whether the aircraft is C+ or not - there were 2 rows in this section anyway, before they reconfigured it so there was no way to add any great amount of space!

Both rows are great - row 9 feels very "private" - you are completely in the corner, out of the way and it's very quiet. Row 8 can be a little bit cramped because of the bulkhead in front of you, but is also ok. I always choose the window seat at one of these two rows on UA - I do transatlantic flights in C about once every two weeks and have never had any problems there.

star_world