flyboy80

Intl And Domestic Flight Attendants

Fri Sep 20, 2002 9:55 am

I was wondering if F/As fly Internationl and Domestic services, like at United do they fly both domestic and say flights to NRT or LHR or any other international airports? And if so is there a change in Uniform? Do only flight attendants that work on say 777s and 744s (at United) have that international service degree? someone please help me understand this a bit better! Thanks guys!
bri

fpdonald

RE: Intl And Domestic Flight Attendants

Fri Sep 20, 2002 10:05 am

Sir:

May I suggest that you pool all of your FA questions into one post. Indeed, it will take a little work on your part, but it seems that most of your questions are of a similar vein.

To try to answer you . . . most airlines have a standard uniform, but the piece options yield many different looks.

Most airlines train for all aircraft types, and as such, you could be domestic or international, especially as a new hire. Only the more senior staff get to select their ideal month of trips, be it domestic/international, or aircraft specific.

Again, gather your thoughts . . . and post them collectively . . . it may take some effort on your part, but I think you will reap more in knowledge.

You have several years of research ahead of you . . . what is current now more than likely be different in a few years.

I hope you will find my advice constructive.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos