picarus

Munich Airport

Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:32 pm

I recently had the opportunity to fly into Munich and I must proclaim it as the most passenger friendly airport I have ever experienced.

I don't believe it was more than 100m from the plane to immigration and the baggage carousel. From there, it was a short and easy walk to the S-bahn for my ride to the Hauptbanhoff. Granted, we didn't use one of the mobile lounges...but as I understand it, those are only in use until T2 opens next year.

I have never flown to Changi or the "new" airport in Hong Kong, but I would be willing to bet that Munich compares extremely favorable to any airport in the world for ease of passenger use and convenience.
Way to go Munich!

Picarus

Andreas

RE: Munich Airport

Fri Sep 20, 2002 8:54 pm

Then you were lucky. I'm going to MUC on a regular basis, and I had it all: long walks to the gates or to the S-Bahn-Station, long waiting in the evening at the security gates, that made people miss their aircraft, no way, really, it is certainly a good one, but not even close to perfect!!

Regards

Andreas
I know it's only VfB but I like it!