Airbus Lover
Topic Author

Luton To London City Train

Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:35 pm

hello

i will be on an easyJet flight from Paris to Luton. I want to know where I can boook discounted train tickets on Thameslink (easyJet's partner?) or are there other rail operators??

Thanks...

Shamrock_747

RE: Luton To London City Train

Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:49 pm

I assume you want to get a train to Central London, rather than London City Airport? At the time of booking an easyJet flight on the web, you can click on an icon that will allow you to buy discounted Thameslink tickets. This is only available at the time of booking your flight, otherwise you have to pay the normal fare. If you really want to book in advance try www.qjump.co.uk. However, if you book using qjump it'll be the same price you'd pay if you purchased the ticket at Luton Airport Station, so there isn't really much point. In London, Thameslink serves Kings Cross, Farringdon, St Pauls, Blackfriars and London Bridge. Trains run every 15 minutes - board a Brighton service. If you want Victoria, I'd recommend the Green Line 757 Coach from Luton Airport, it runs every 20 minutes.

Shamrock_747

RJ100

Sat Sep 21, 2002 6:39 pm

Hello

I can recommend the Green Line 757 coach. It's a good and comfortable way to go into London. Is it still only £5?

RJ100
none

Airbus Lover
Topic Author

Sat Sep 21, 2002 9:08 pm

oh rite... well then i obviously missed the chance to get a (50%?) discount on buying those train tickets? well. yes i mean Central London, my mistake.

How much does those train tickets cost when buying at Luton?? I am looking to stop at Queensway(?) or something like that, I dont remember the train station. It is near Soho. What station is that called? Should I take Green Coach or Thameslink?

Thanks for the info.

Arsenal@LHR

Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:50 pm

I'd suggest you take Thameslink to King's Cross, then use the tube to get around. The prices are expensive, after the recent increase in fares. A day return travelcard now costs 22 pounds (that's what i paid last time).
In Arsene we trust!!

lmml 14/32

Sat Sep 21, 2002 11:59 pm

Just a little off topic. I will shortly need to commute between LHR and LTN. Is Jetlink the most convenient transport between the two airports? And what's sort of transportation is there betweeen LTN and the city centre?
Thanks

Arsenal@LHR

Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:32 am

And what's sort of transportation is there betweeen LTN and the city centre?

Like i've mentioned, take Thameslink from Luton airport parkway station (if you fly into LTN, or just from Luton station) to King's Cross St Pancras, from there it's quite simple, just use the tube, the easiest and most effective way of getting around Central London.

But beware! Tickets are expensive during the peak rush hour.

Arsenal@LHR

In Arsene we trust!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos