CMK10

Just Made AAdvantage Gold

Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:46 am

It's Official:
Welcome to AA.com
MR. CHARLES M KUNZ
Mileage Balance: 15,890
Now that I am Gold, what are the benifits that I can and will recive? Any help will be appreciated.
DC-10's Forever
"Traveling light is the only way to fly" - Eric Clapton

Bicoastal

RE: Just Made AAdvantage Gold

Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:52 am

Alright, junior, when you get to 100K like me on United (3 years running and I'll do again this year) let's talk.

Best advice would be to go to AA's website. United's has a great description of the benefits for each tier....25K, 50K, 100k. I'm sure American does the same.

Is Gold the first tier at American? If so, there's about 14 billion of you out there and it isn't so special when you're competing with that many for upgrades and attention.

Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

sllevin

Wed Sep 25, 2002 10:56 am

Five basic things I can think of:

1) check in at biz/first counters
2) special security lines at some airports
3) 'holding' of center seats when you chose an aisle or window -- only gets filled when all the other seats fill up.
4) exit row 'premium' seats can be selected online
5) electronic upgrades!!!!! (my favorite part!)

Steve

mirrodie

Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:05 am

"Alright, junior, when you get to 100K like me on United (3 years running and I'll do again this year) let's talk.... If so, there's about 14 billion of you out there and it isn't so special when you're competing with that many for upgrades and attention."

It there any reason why that sounds so condescending?

Check out aa.com and see what the perks are. Congrats on your status. Cool.
Forum moderator 2001-2010; He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious bastard, a belligerent old fart, a worthless st

CMK10

Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:31 am

Allright Bicoastal I suppose you think your better then me because you have your United status. Well you are not, great im one of 14 million, but I'm happy because I am something I wasn't two days ago and no one can take that away from me. I do not appreciate your remarks, i worked hard for my Gold status and I feel I can get simple answers from people.
DC-10's Forever
"Traveling light is the only way to fly" - Eric Clapton

SR 103

Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:45 am

Hey Cmk10,

Just relax... U know how some people are on this site. Anyway thought I'd say congratulations and good job.
Incidently I recieved my WordPerks Silver Elite card today. It will be valid for another 6 months. Though that will be cut short when I reach Gold Status in December.  Big thumbs up
Keep flying and maybe you could get a level higher! Big grin

SR 103

Oh thought I'd let U know that I have a KLM 743 planned for December. Hope U enjoy that trip report.

B747-437B

Wed Sep 25, 2002 11:45 am

Alright, junior, when you get to 100K like me on United (3 years running and I'll do again this year) let's talk.

100K? That's it? Jeez buddy, you are getting mighty pompous over a lot of nothing.

I think any High School student who flies enough to make elite is pretty darn unique, so lets give Charles his due here, ok?

Just a bit of advice from someone who is currently DL Gold, CO Gold, UA Premier Executive, AA Platinum, KLM RoyalWing AND a non-rev to boot.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

sllevin

Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:46 pm

And I'd like to point out that AA Gold really isn't bad at all. Since AA does pay-for-upgrades, it's advantageous for the low end elites in that they can typically upgrade without problems except on super busy routes. And on AA one can upgrade from virtually any non-priceline type fare. I've routinely transcon'd where the cost of 12 upgrades ($375) exceeded the cost of the low fare ticket itself.

Being Platinum means you certainly rack up more miles, and that's nice, but AA's otherwise degraded most of the truly elite perks (even Exec Plats now only get capacity controlled upgrades).

Steve

Trvlr

Wed Sep 25, 2002 2:02 pm

Cmk10: Don't listen to Bicoastal too much. The world revolves neither around him nor seasoned MileagePlus 1K's. I'm a high school student too, and I made Gold this year flying mostly domestic itineraries. There's a good chance I'll be Platinum in a few years, if I pick up with the international travel again. Anyway, I've found it's pretty easy to get upgrades with Gold Status--if you're willing to pay for them.

Do check out www.aa.com...they have very good information resources. In addition, AAdvantage will be mailing you a "Gold Information Kit" (or something to that extent) that willl explain the status' benefits to you.

Lastly...how the hell did you get to Gold with only 15000 miles? I had to hit 25000 before they accepted me! Perhaps it's because I travel on the low fares a lot Smile.

A"Aron G.

flyboy36y

Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:16 pm

First of all,

There is NOTHING unique about flying a lot, high school or not. There is nothing special about being gold. And it's not hard to get. There is no work involved... at least there should not be. With AAdvantage challenge anyone can get it after a long trip.

Charles, it's great you got your status... but I think this post is a bit over-board and over-indulgent. Serioulsy. Lots of ppl get gold. Lots get plat. A bunch get EXP. Not many have 7mil EXP like your dad, granted. I still don't think you need a post to advertize your gold status.

As for somebody taking it away from you... I don't think anyone wants to.

For those who don't know with AAdvatage Challenge you get gold with 5,000 Q-points (about 10,000 miles). Relax.... everybody relax....

Charles... you will be getting a package in the mail from AA explaining you benefits. Sorry if I was harsh... but for real.

UA744Flagship

Wed Sep 25, 2002 3:21 pm

It must have been the challenge. Don't you love those?

From an AA PLT with 26000 miles  Smile/happy/getting dizzy
no wire hangers!