Topic Author

Chatering A 737 (or Similar) For DUD-SYD-DUD?

Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:53 pm

Hi everyone

A friend of mine has just floated the idea to me of chartering a 737 to fly a large group from Dunedin to Sydney and back, for the NRL Grand Final this coming weekend. Knowing I am a bit of an aviation nut, he asked if I had any idea how possible it would be. So, I am throwing the question out to you:

- Does anyone know what sort of cost he would be looking at?
- Does anyone know of companies in this part of the world who do this?
- Does anyone have any advice on this?

Anything else anyone can add will be greatly appreciated

"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

RE: Chatering A 737 (or Similar) For DUD-SYD-DUD?

Sun Sep 29, 2002 8:56 pm

V/F, almost any airline will do this.
Just ring Air New Zealand or Qantas or even that crowd in Christchurch with the 737-200 (can't remember their name).
NZ or QF will probably run special flights anyway.  Smile

RE: Chatering A 737 (or Similar) For DUD-SYD-DUD?

Mon Sep 30, 2002 6:12 am

Freedomair have in the past altered their schedules out of Dunedin for sporting events, most recently the Bledisloe cup in Oz earlier this year. a new flight was specifically created to cater for passengers travelling for that sole reason. However this flight was planned for months in advance and with school holidays etc in NZ at the mo, and the fact Freedomair do bloody well out of DUD, your best bet would be to phone them and see how many seats are available out of DUD to SYD this week. It would be good to see Air NZ putting cheap seats on to SYD for the NRL final, a special grand final fare or something.....
Other options are to ring Air NZ and Qantas, or even Airwork in AKL however i'm not sure if they'd send their 737-200 acorss trans tasman, worth a try though i guess.