JAL
Topic Author

OneWorld Named Best Airline Alliance

Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:02 am

OneWorld was just named Best Airline Alliance during the 2002 Business Travellers Awards.

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/09-27-2002/0001808237&EDATE=

Work Hard But Play Harder

RE: OneWorld Named Best Airline Alliance

Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:10 am

I bet that will surprise some airliners.net'ers!  Big grin

Just goes to show bigger isn't necessarily better, quality not quantity etc. etc.....

I would've guessed Star myself, due to number of airlines, but I'm not a FF so there you go......

godbless

Mon Sep 30, 2002 7:19 am

They bought that title  Wink/being sarcastic

I would have thought STAR ALLIANCE aswell. The only alliance that really works. OneWorld has problems with it's main airlines, BA and AA can't get close enough together...

Well next year STAR  Big thumbs up

Max

blink182

Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:08 am

Go oneworld!
I read this and I was pretty shocked. I thought Star would have won. But they didn't, and I am shocked in a good way  Smile.

It just goes to show that number of airlines doesn't mean much at all. Remember, oneworld revolves around you. Even though Oneworld has not gone the way of having a hundred airlines like Star does and at Skyteam's pace, they should in a little it, Oneworld has been making a lot of interior improvements to the alliance by making new ticket packages, strengthening relationships in the alliance etc.

oneworld revolves around you.

American British Airways Aer Lingus Iberia Finnair Lan Chile Cathay Pacific Qantas.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

blink182

Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:11 am

Oh yeah, I also forgot.

British Airways won several individual awards and American won "Best Airline in North America."

I think Cathay Pacific might have won best airline in Asia, but I can't confirm.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

BH346

Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:12 am

I'm surprised, too, but go oneworld. It seems like Star alliance just gets any airline they can, heck they have 4 members from the Far East(SQ, TG, NH, and soon Asiana)
Northwest Airlines - Some People Just Know How to Fly

aio86

Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:26 am

Anyone else notice that this all took place in the London, with members voting from the UK? I bet a lot of those British voters would vote for the airline with the best service out of their airports, primarily London. Think about it, if the awards were voted for and assigned in Germany do you think that BA would win it? I doubt it. I bet it'd be Lufthansa and Star-Alliance.

What do you all think?

MAH4546

Mon Sep 30, 2002 9:38 am

No surprise here. It is quality, not quantity, that matters. And Iberia aside, the remaining seven oneWorld airlines are known for excellent service, and are in many cases considered the leaders in thier market. Although, yes, oneWorld does have some problems regarding the inability of AA/BA and AA/CX codesharing.
a.

Andreas

Aio86: That Is Exactly The Point!

Mon Sep 30, 2002 8:55 pm

...anybody can call himself "independent airlines review institute" and then run around, ask 3 guys about their last flight, and..there it is!
Therefore you are completely right to mistrust any such "poll".

Regards
Andreas

btw: I posted the same opinion of mine this morning, only a little shorter, and it got deleted. I strongly advise those who are suggesting deletions to the webmaster or to the webmaster himself NOT to overlook a few things, when deleting my post because it is "too short":

a few days ago I suggested deletion because a posting contained such niceties as "fu.. the EU" and "sh.t on the Europeans", by someone I won't denounce here, but who is well known for saying such things. It was not deleted. Oh well...
I know it's only VfB but I like it!