frankiec

Looking For A Career In Aircraft Maint.

Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:11 pm

I am looking to possibly to go to school at Laguardia Airport for Aircraft Maintinance.....I am 32 years old, looking for a stable, good paying career...
Can anyone give me some insight on wether this is worth it at this time, and how much one can HONESTLY make, out of that school, and later on.....and the REAL job security in this field at this time and in the near future?...............HELP!!!

notdownnlocked

RE: Looking For A Career In Aircraft Maint.

Mon Sep 30, 2002 2:58 pm

You should put this on the tech-ops forum and you will have many more replies. Right now things are pretty bad at most of the major airlines and no hiring going on but as always that's subject to change. If you acquire your license the pay ranges will very greatly depending on where you work. The ranges are working in a small general aviation shop to a major airline with senority. This can range from $5.00 per hour up to the current UPS contract which will be around $43.00 after the newly signed contract in 3 or 5 years. Hope this helps a little.