gardermoen

Aircraft Spotting In Copenhagen

Sun Oct 24, 1999 8:00 pm

Does anyone know of any good aircraft spotting places at Copenhagen's Kastrup Airport? Is there an observation deck or something? If you have any useful tips, I would appreciate them my way. Thanks.

dan

RE: Aircraft Spotting In Copenhagen

Mon Oct 25, 1999 5:14 pm

Hi

CPH is in the fase of building up the "new" CPH, and in this process, it is said that they will include a "spotter"-area in terminal 2, but this has yet to be seen.

All in all, CPH has only a few good spotting places around its perimeter.

About halfways down RWY 22R theres is a place called "Flyvergrillen", heres there is a mount from where you can get an overview of practical the whole length of RWY's 22R/04L and 04R/22L. This is the most used place, about 20 mins walk from the main terminal.

At the end of RWY 22R ("St. Magleby") and 04R ("Kystvejen") you are able to get a pretty good veiw of the incoming flights. (Depending on the windconditions of course).

At the start of 04R you will be close to the treshold, and be able to get a few good shots.

RWY 30/12 is almost impossible to get a good look at, but they use it seldom, so it doesn't really matter.

At "Kystvejen" you do also have the opprtunity to get a small look at the cargo-apron.

At all places, except from "Flyvergrillen" you are alsmost certain to run int airport-security guards, but I guess that's a problem all spotters are only to familiar with!

My best advice would be to go to "Flyvergrillen".

If you like more specific guidelines, then send me a mail, and I'll try to send you some maps.

Best regards Dan

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos