ORD Boy 2
Topic Author

UA/Air Dolomiti

Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:26 pm

UAL's United Airlines, Italy's Air Dolomiti in code share agreement

UAL Corp's United Airlines said that it will begin selling code-share flights on Air Dolomiti, an Italian regional carrier.

The company said it has placed its code on more than 40 daily flights operated by Air Dolomiti.

As a result of the code-share, passengers traveling to and from Europe on United will be able to make connections to/from Air Dolomiti flights, reducing travel time, United said.

You think Air Dolomiti is big enough to join Star

UALPHLCS

RE: UA/Air Dolomiti

Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:33 pm

Star carriers are allowed to have seperate code-share agreements outside of Star. UA has one w/ US, And Emirates and BWIA to name a few. I think UA just needed to have better connections from MXP to the rest of Italy. After all how does a UA passenger get to Rome or Sicily. This is the best answer.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

ORD Boy 2
Topic Author

Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:36 pm

I know through Milan but Tyrolean is a small carrier and its in Star. A few years ago before 9/11 when BWIA and UA hooked up BWIA said it eventually wants to join star you think air dolomiti and BWIA will join

Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:14 pm

Air Dolomiti is partially owned by Lufthansa.

Trvlr

Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:17 pm

I think Lufthansa has a very extensive relationship with Air Dolomiti. Small Lufthansa decals can even be seen on Air Dolomiti aircraft, if I am not mistaken.

Air Dolomiti is therefore moving close to Star, but I am not sure they are going to join, much less see an overall benefit in the move (with dues and such).

Aaron G.

airblue

Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:00 pm

Two point:

1) As said before 20% of Air Dolomiti is owned by LH and EN is a member of the LH FF miles & more.

2) Air Dolomiti doesn't fly out of MXP. Their main network is out of Munich, the second LH hub. From there they fly many daily flights in code-sharing with LH to Turin, Genoa, Milan Orio, Verona, Venice, Trieste, Bologna, Rimini, Ancona, Bari, Pisa and Cagliari.
That's why UA is really interesting in code-sharing with them.