ORD Boy 2
Topic Author

UA/Air Dolomiti

Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:26 pm

UAL's United Airlines, Italy's Air Dolomiti in code share agreement

UAL Corp's United Airlines said that it will begin selling code-share flights on Air Dolomiti, an Italian regional carrier.

The company said it has placed its code on more than 40 daily flights operated by Air Dolomiti.

As a result of the code-share, passengers traveling to and from Europe on United will be able to make connections to/from Air Dolomiti flights, reducing travel time, United said.

You think Air Dolomiti is big enough to join Star

UALPHLCS

RE: UA/Air Dolomiti

Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:33 pm

Star carriers are allowed to have seperate code-share agreements outside of Star. UA has one w/ US, And Emirates and BWIA to name a few. I think UA just needed to have better connections from MXP to the rest of Italy. After all how does a UA passenger get to Rome or Sicily. This is the best answer.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

ORD Boy 2
Topic Author

Sat Oct 05, 2002 12:36 pm

I know through Milan but Tyrolean is a small carrier and its in Star. A few years ago before 9/11 when BWIA and UA hooked up BWIA said it eventually wants to join star you think air dolomiti and BWIA will join

Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:14 pm

Air Dolomiti is partially owned by Lufthansa.

Trvlr

Sat Oct 05, 2002 1:17 pm

I think Lufthansa has a very extensive relationship with Air Dolomiti. Small Lufthansa decals can even be seen on Air Dolomiti aircraft, if I am not mistaken.

Air Dolomiti is therefore moving close to Star, but I am not sure they are going to join, much less see an overall benefit in the move (with dues and such).

Aaron G.

airblue

Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:00 pm

Two point:

1) As said before 20% of Air Dolomiti is owned by LH and EN is a member of the LH FF miles & more.

2) Air Dolomiti doesn't fly out of MXP. Their main network is out of Munich, the second LH hub. From there they fly many daily flights in code-sharing with LH to Turin, Genoa, Milan Orio, Verona, Venice, Trieste, Bologna, Rimini, Ancona, Bari, Pisa and Cagliari.
That's why UA is really interesting in code-sharing with them.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos