yow

The Role Of The Station Manager

Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:11 pm

I was wondering if anyone could provide details, besides looking after a station's employees, as to what role a station manager plays within an airline? What are his or her duties and responsibilities, etc.?

srbmod

RE: The Role Of The Station Manager

Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:42 am

They are in many cases the person that hires and fires employees as well, particularly at the outstations (hub cities usually have a dedicated recruiting and h.r. staff). They also handle customer complaints (because not all customer complaints get settled by the CSAs or by their supervisors), they promote employees, they handle employee transfers from station to station, in some cases they work with the third party that handles their flights to make sure company proceedures are being followed, in general, they handle just about anything that can happen with an airline.

LN-MOW

RE: The Role Of The Station Manager

Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:37 am

This also depends on the size of the station .. the bigger the station, the more administrative work ... on a small station the manager typically is more involved in the operations.

The manager is also the airline's local representative versus the local airport and goverment offices, and is also on the airlines' local operating committee ...

- I am LN-MOW, and I approve this message.