BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Is This Dirty Or Is It Just My Eyes?

Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:29 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Europix

Look at the crevices and cracks. Is this dirty or is it just from wear and tear. It looks like there is dust, and dirt and everything in these cracks (No wonder DC9 throttles are so hard to push up.) The 717 throttles were a breeze not just because they are new, but because all of the cracks are covered up. But seriously, is this really dirt, or is it just from wear?
Puhdiddle

dripstick

RE: Is This Dirty Or Is It Just My Eyes?

Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:33 am

"...is this really dirt, or is it just from wear?"

Probably both. The flash exposes alot of detail, good and bad.

Take a flash picture of the dash of your car. You'll see things you never knew were there!

Dripstick
What's another word for thesaurus?

Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:34 am

>>(No wonder DC9 throttles are so hard to push up.) The 717 throttles were a breeze not just because they are new...<<

Uh-huh. And you know this how?

BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:44 am

Uh-huh. And you know this how?

From all the times I have visited the cockpits of both. Now even you could have figured that one out.
Puhdiddle

Fri Oct 11, 2002 12:05 pm

>>From all the times I have visited the cockpits of both. Now even you could have figured that one out.<<

not really. You see, here in America, we can't visit the cockpit when the pilots are using the throttle. It may seem strange, but that's the way it works.

NWA742

Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:11 pm

I'm surprised I'm even responding to this, but what the hell.

not really. You see, here in America, we can't visit the cockpit when the pilots are using the throttle. It may seem strange, but that's the way it works.

Are you serious? Can you really not figure this out?

BR715-A1-30 is not saying he's used the throttles while in flight, I've visited the cockpit of almost every commercial flight I've been on, and you can push the throttle levers forward when the plane is at the gate, don't worry, the engines are not going to start............... Insane

-NWa742
Some people are like slinkies - not good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs

L-188

Fri Oct 11, 2002 2:16 pm

You know it is probably like my guns.

The fewer or smaller the holes in the Receiver, means that dirt is harder to get into it and cause a jam.

But if you have larger holes or more of them, it is a lot easier to clean it.

Either way has it's pro's or cons.
OBAMA-WORST PRESIDENT EVER....Even SKOORB would be better.

maiznblu_757

Fri Oct 11, 2002 3:08 pm

The fewer or smaller the holes in the Receiver, means that dirt is harder to get into it and cause a jam.

I heard smaller the holes the better... Its a tightness thing... Does that mean its rotten?  Big grin

DL_Mech

Fri Oct 11, 2002 7:43 pm

DC-9 throttles are cable driven all of the way out to the engine, while a 717 would have a throttle lever angle resolver (think variable resistor here)providing an electrical signal out to the FADEC engine.
This plane is built to withstand anything... except a bad pilot.

CX Flyboy

Fri Oct 11, 2002 8:01 pm

It is not uncommon for the cockpit to be very dirty. When the aircraft is turned around and cleaned, the cleaners often don't come into the cockpit, and even then it's only to vacuum the floor. They are afraid to come in the cockpit in case they damage something or push buttons they aren't supposed to. The engineers will clean the aircraft when it has a check done, but normally the cockpit is filthy.

BR715-A1-30
Topic Author

Fri Oct 11, 2002 11:28 pm

DC-9 throttles are cable driven all of the way out to the engine, while a 717 would have a throttle lever angle resolver (think variable resistor here)providing an electrical signal out to the FADEC engine.

I have heard this be4
Puhdiddle