8. Everybody's talking 'bout __________. Come and Fly away for awhile. You'll like flyin' __________ style
9. We really move our tails for you. We make your every wish come true. Fly ________ Airlines. We really move our tails for you.
10. _________ gets you there.
11.At __________ we have to earn our wings every day.
12. __________ Airlines... the only way to Fly.
14. ___________ begins with You (U)
15. At _________ Airlines, see what you've been missing.16. We're spreading love all over Texas.. We're spreadin' love for you and me... We're spreadin' love all over Texas, Spreadin' love to set you free. We're __________ Airlines, comin' to get you...__________Airlines we'll take you away. __________ Airlines gonna save you, save you from a boring day.
In the mid 1960's Braniff's slogan was "End of the Plain Plane" when they went to the "jellybean livery". Also, one of the questions in my second post on this thread was an old Braniff Jingle. (Hint - it was sung to the tune of a theme song of a movie that was popular at the time.)
8. was Braniff. "Everybody's talkin' 'bout Braniff. Come and fly away for awhie. You'll like flyin' Braniff style." It was sung to the tune of the theme song of the movie "Midnight Cowboy".
9. Was for Continental. The whole jingle went:
We're here to make you happy
We're out to make you pleased
You're flying Continental
Your flight will be a breeze
We'll help to make you happy
We'll skip to prove it's true
On Continental Airlines
We move our tails for you
We really move our tails for you
We make your every wish come true
Fly Continental Airlines
We really move our tails for you.
10. Delta gets you there.
12. Western... the only way to fly.
15. Was Frontier Airlines. Here's a link to the radio ad:
Frontier had another radio ad where they would talk about a city they served (Denver, for instance). Then the jingle was something like:
Denver...It's a Frontier town
There's no denying
It's a Frontier town
So let's go flyin'
We'll pick you up but won't let you down
Come and visit one of Frontier's towns.
16. Was Southwest.
So what is the official answer on #1? Someone guessed Western. Is that correct?