s8222

Question On KLM Constellation

Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:43 am

I'm trying to find out what happened to a KLM constellation that was operated in 1958 under the name 'Isabella Constantijn'. I'm not sure it was a L-049, L-749 or L-1049 Super Constellation. Most likely it will have been the latter one.

KLM officially says there never was a Constellation under that name, not even before the re-registration. I know someone though who flew the plane from the Dutch antilles to Amsterdam and is pretty sure about the name (it may have been a temporary name, having to do with a visit of the Dutch royal family to the Antilles). At one stop during the flight, the passengers had to wait for the crew to return, because they had to fly to a certain place (I don't know where) to have one of the engines replaced.

OK, so it's an oldy, but who can help as to what happened to this airplane. You would make somebody very happy if you could help out!

Greetings from Holland.

Alex