neednewairport

Delta Flight From Hell

Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:38 am

For a lot of different reasons I switched my loyality from United to Delta about two months ago. One of the reasons was I absolutely hate narrow body service on anything over 2 hours. I switched to Delta because they fly the 767 on a lot of flights out of SAN which is more comfortable for me.

Anyway, I had the lovely expereience today of flying ORD to SLC on a 737-300 in the middle seat for three hours. No IFE either. I have never sat in the middle seat on a 737 and can say I will NEVER do it again. I have done it on A32x and it was not bad, but this was utter hell.

I guess I am just ranting after reading that 738's and 757's will be headed to SAN more often meaning I will again be stuck on crappy boeing narrow body's (sorry prefer Airbus for narrow body travel) again. Hoo-hum, longing for the days of excess capacity.....

MD88Captain

RE: Delta Flight From Hell

Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:42 am

I deadheaded on a 3 hour 737-200 flight in a middle seat. It was Hell. I'm a big guy and I nearly had to sick out when we arrived. I was one big back spasm. So after that I always opt for the jumpseat if the only other choice is a middle. I empathize.

Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:43 am

Are they still doing the thing with flights from Hell where the flight attendant has to come down the aisle spraying for bugs upon landing?

Oh well, middle seat is a middle seat.

SegmentKing

Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:45 am

well maybe you should fly United Express to LAX then on UA to where-ever. I normally fly Ft Laud to Chicago, then instead of a nonstop on an A320 or 757 to Vegas, I get a 777/763/747-400 to LAX or SFO, then fly on to LAS on a 733/735/Shittle/etc....

if avoiding a narrowbody is THAT important to you, then follow my advice and you'll do just fine, while earning more frequent flyer miles than you could have ever imagined!!

-nate
~ ~ ~ ~ pRoFeSsIoNaL hUrRiCaNe DoDgEr ~ ~ ~ ~

neednewairport

Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:03 am

I try very hard to avoid narrow body flights, even cost is not much of issue. Anyway, i was just bitchin, long day, packed flights, long lines, you know.....but I would never trade it......  Smile/happy/getting dizzy I love my job and love running all over the country....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos