slz396

BA And IB Join SN's Privilege FFP...

Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:36 pm

SN Brussels Airlines is very happy to announce that two new partners have signed up to Privilege, SN Brussels Airlines' new frequent flyer program!

As from January 1, 2003 SN Brussels Airlines customers can earn and spend frequent flyer miles on the worldwide network of our two new partner airlines British Airways and Iberia.

SN Brussels Airlines customers which are members of our Privilege program's will as from then be able to earn and redeem miles on our own extensive European and African network as well as on the full network of American Airlines, TAP Air Portugal, Finnair and as mentioned above, on British Airways and Iberia.
In addition, there is a whole range of other Privilege partners including creditcard companies, car rental companies, hotels, duty-free shopping and mobile phone companies.

British Airways and Iberia are both OneWorld alliance members and are very important players on the global market. British Airways serves 216 destinations in 92 countries; Iberia, the leading airline between Europe and South-America, flies to 95 destinations in 39 countries.

With this new important step in the creation of a frequent flyer program's of its own, SN Brussels Airlines lives up to the promise that it will make Privilege equal if not better then the previous Qualiflyer program.

Sabena 690

RE: BA And IB Join SN's Privilege FFP...

Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:42 pm

Thanks for the news, Slz396!!

Is it possible that SNBA will codeshare with IB and TP in the very near future?

Regards,
Frederic

pressclub

Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:38 pm

Frederic,

SN Brussels already anounced a codeshare with Iberi on the Bilbao route. Maybe other destinations will follow soon I guess.

Pressclub

Sabena 690

Wed Oct 16, 2002 10:34 pm

Hi Pressclub,

Indeed, I forgot.

A question: what is the cheapest and the best strategy:

1) start codeshares with carriers like LY, TP, IB,..., and let them do all the flights so that SNBA doesn't need MH aircrafts

2) start codeshares with all those carriers, and do a part of the codeshare flights with their own aircrafts (I mean like on the LHR flights for exemple: 2 flights by SN, 7 by BA)

3) no codeshare, and do all the flights with their own MH aircrafts

I don't have any financial insight, but wouldn't option one be the best for a start up carrier like SNBA?

Regards,
Frederic

pressclub

Thu Oct 17, 2002 12:25 am

Strategy 2day is: let's build the market by codesharing and let's see what it gives...

You are wrong about LHr: all flights will be BA ones! Special construction: the Avro Jet from SN Brussels will be wetleased to BA. So you will see an SN aircraft in LHR with Belgian crew but flying on behalf of BA...

Flying Belgian

Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:06 am

Exact Pressclub, even the callsign will be the famous "Speedbird". The 2 wet-leased aircrafts are OO-DWA & OO-DJK.

Regards,

F.B
Life is great at 41.000 feet...

Sabena 690

Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:01 am

Aha, thanks!

I didn't know that BA leased those aircrafts exactly for the LHR operations.

Regards,
Frederic

SN-A330

Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:09 am

Special construction: the Avro Jet from SN Brussels will be wetleased to BA. So you will see an SN aircraft in LHR with Belgian crew but flying on behalf of BA..

Thanks for telling me that Pressclub, it's the first time I hear/read that.

Regards, SN-A330

I would rather be flying...

luchtzak

Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:14 am

Hi all,

allready training for my speeches  Smile/happy/getting dizzy British Airways would like to welcome you on board! Just the best!

And finally having some well-trained and behaving ground staff at London Heathrow! And I didn't talk yet about the VEX-passengers or should I say VEX-hools  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Awesome!

greetings,

luchtzak

apuneger

Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:22 am

Luchtzak: Who are you calling 'VEX-hools'???? Don't forget I and Tom will fly VEX to/from LHR this sunday Big grin

Can't wait to read your first 'oops, I made a mistake in one of my speeches' thread over here Big grin

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

airbuspilot

Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:22 am

Now that is what I call good news.....As a mather of fact it is my opinion that this is the first marketing step of SNBA that really deserves to be mentioned!

What are the chances that SNBA might sometime be joining One world?

Greetz

aamd11

Thu Oct 17, 2002 11:10 am

Maybe they will join OneWorld.
Question is what about a relationship which would be forged between Swiss and SNBA?
Afterall Swiss is joining soon, would they get along? or would there be any bad blood from previous dealings?

By the way, im not saying that would be the case, as they are allegedly two different companies now.

Any thoughts?

A^A MD-11

Established02

Thu Oct 17, 2002 2:15 pm

> what about a relationship which would be forged between Swiss and SNBA?

SNBA and LX do have a "relationship" already, on flights between BRU and ZRH/GVA.
LX performs all the flights to/from ZRH, in codeshare with SNBA.
SN performs all the flights to/from GVA, in codeshare with LX.

Sabena 690

Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:23 pm

Hi Aamd11,

Question is what about a relationship which would be forged between Swiss and SNBA?
Afterall Swiss is joining soon, would they get along? or would there be any bad blood from previous dealings?

By the way, im not saying that would be the case, as they are allegedly two different companies now.

I don't know how the biggest part of the ex-SN staff thinks about Swiss, but I know several ex-SN people who even refuse to take pictures of Swiss aircrafts.

The same happens under several spotters. Since the SN bankruptcy, lot's of us refuse to take pictures of Swiss aircrafts. I personally have not taken a picture of a Swiss yet.

Regards,
Frederic

pressclub

Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:48 pm

I's too early for joining One World... they must build up their market again and get confidence... that's what the SN Brussels management tells at this moment.

But the picture becomes clear: codeshare and even wetlease agreements with BA, codeshare with Finnair, codeshare with Iberia to Bilbao (and from summer season also MAD and BCN???????  Smile), ... FFP with BA and Iberia... These are the first steps...

Yes they also have codeshares with Czech (Sky Team) and LOT (Star) but this is just 'ad hoc' on routes where it's better to work together...

Sabena 690

Thu Oct 17, 2002 4:58 pm

It would be lovely to see SN in Oneworld  Love  Love  Love

/Frederic

luchtzak

Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:37 pm

Apuneger:

you 2 guys are the hooligans I'm talking about  Smile/happy/getting dizzy  Smile/happy/getting dizzy

Another marketing study will start for VEX:

- lost their deal on London Heathrow,
- will loose SNBA-pax on their Madrid and Barcelona flights,
- is starting sponsorship with a radio-broadcaster that only serves less then 5 % of the Belgian population.

What next? another round of bashing against SN Brussels Airlines ?

greetings,

luchtzak

apuneger

Thu Oct 17, 2002 6:57 pm

Luchtzak:

Ahhh...OK. Now I see. I thought you were actually referring to ALL of the VEX passengers. How foolish of me. Well, in that case, have you already informed your colleagues who will do the last LHR-BRU flight this sunday? They'd better bring their mace/pepperspray with them! Big grin

Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography