Delta728
Topic Author

Un-flying Public

Fri Oct 18, 2002 8:57 pm

Hey folks
Just want to hear some views on what you think about the situation of the airlines. These are just my opinions.......but to me the reason airlines are still in deep trouble is that Americans are letting these terrorists do exactly what they wanted to do. Americans are scared and running. I am sorry to say that but what else do you call it when the public will not fly and are only lured when the price is down to about 100 dollars a ticket?????? We as Americans need to go on with our lives and stop ruining this countries aviation system. We need to fly more and get back as we used to be and show these idiots out there that we will not be stopped enjoying the freedom to travel and live in this country. Lets get back on these airplanes and help out our national carriers. Please lets get people back on these planes. They blame the airlines for all these charges, but what else are they supposed to do if people do not travel ??????? Just my opinion.......
Take care all and FLY

jhooper

RE: Un-flying Public

Sat Oct 19, 2002 8:22 am

Yea, it strikes me as odd when demand for highway travel is way up, when traveling by highway is at least 7 times more dangerous than flying to their destinations, even with the threat of terrorism. More people are killed on the highways each year than we would bear to know.
Last year 1,944 New Yorkers saw something and said something.

thomasphoto60

RE: Un-flying Public

Sat Oct 19, 2002 9:47 am

Well, fear may be a factor for some but others like myself, well it is more of the 'Hassle factor' that pushes us to jump in our vehicles, especially on short trips if time permits, i.e. Houston/Dallas Hou/Aus, ect.... Waiting an indeterminate amount of time standing in a security que and all of the other hassles that one associates with air travel today, imo has had more of a negative effect on air travel than fear.

My increasingly disgust with commercial flying well pre-dates 9/11 by many,many years. You know the same old complaints that many have expressed here in the past and no doubt will continue to do so in the future, namely cattle car mentality, delayed flights, poor customer service, ect.... are some of reasons that I rather jump in my Jeep and hit the highways than the skyways on a WN 737. That said, I still fly at least 4 times a month and while the so called 'Hassle factor' is not as bad as it was after soon after the chaos of 9/11 and the knee jerk reactions by the various security agencies are fading as they are being replaced by more professional, highly paid agents, it is still fairly piss poor at certain airports.

Just some of my thoughts,

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos