Topic Author

Your Opinion Of US Airways?

Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:35 pm

Well I'm wondering just what the title says; how do you like US Airways? I'm thinking of flying them soon, and I was wondering the general opinion of them, especially in light of their filing for bankruptcy. If you've flown in any of their RJs, that would particularly be helpful. Thanks!

RE: Your Opinion Of US Airways?

Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:43 pm

I havn't flown on their RJs but I have flown with US...
The domestic flights were nothing special compared to other airlines which doesn't mean that they were not good - oposite is the fact - but the international flights are the A333 were the best you can experience!

Wed Oct 23, 2002 3:44 pm

okay, I haven't flown in any of their RJs. BUT- I have flown them.

To keep it short, they were an average airline inside the United States. However, I flew their A330 from Philadelphia to Rome and it was really somethign great.

I assume you are flying inside the US. Therefore, I will stick to my guns and say that they are just fine. Nothing to write home about in my experience, but certainly not any worse than any other airline.

Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:57 pm

I flew with them in the summer of 2001 from:

YYZ-CLT - 737-400 - N776AU
CLT-STL - A319 - N744US
STL-PHL - ERJ145 - N285SK

All flights where good, service was US style, nothing compared with european according to the time of flights I had. All the airplanes where in good shape and clean. The longest flight was infact with the smaller airplane, the ERJ145. The plane was completely crowded and only one F/A was taking care of all the passengers. We had a good breakfast box, not bad at all, but it was a 2:15 flight. The ERJ145 was a little swinging on the final aproach to PHL, I think the lack of slots gives a little too nervous attitude to the airplane, apart from that everything was cool!
CV990, the Maserati of the skies!

Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:47 am

I flown with them many, many times. I live outside of Philadelphia (hub), so ever since I was little I have been flying on them. I've never had a problem at all, and their domestic and well as international service is excellent. I really try to fly them at all times, unless where I'm going requires me to take another airline. I have seen no change in their style of service or anything since they filed for bankruptcy. I have not flew one of their RJ's yet, but I plan to go to CVG on one to see a buddy of mine soon. I would advise you to try them out, and see how you like it. You won't be disappointed!

Go Eagles!

Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:29 am

I have flown them on these routes varying amount of times:

I have had an enjoyable flight each time. I think the flight attendents on the plane were the nicest I have encountered during trips I have had. I love flying their A321, they are really nice and comfortable. They have a great sense of customer service, hopefully they will be able to stick around.
ASOS... Another Shi#y Observation Station

Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:41 am

I have flown this airline my entire life and I have come to the conclusion that US has amongst the nicest crews. I do admit that the service is lacking. The most you will proabably get on an average flight (1-2.5hrs) is some type of snack like pretzels. On short one hour ones you can expect just a drink.

I have only flown their dash 8s on the express line but will be on an RJ this Friday.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at tpowale@ju.edu

Thu Oct 24, 2002 7:33 am

I have flown US Airways on and off since the mid-1980's and I've never really had a truly miserable or a really spectacular flight. They are average at best. The crew are generally friendly, efficient. I have flown them on short segments and longer transcontinental flights and it always seemed there was a better choice in terms of connections, timing, etc...US Airways is a hodge-podge of different carriers. It's best assets apart from its nice Airbus jets are the convenient and nearly stress-free hubs it operates in PIT, CLT, and PHL. They are clean, nice, and easy to transit through.

However, I don't think they're the #1 choice unless you live in those markets.