airways1

Do These Indian Airlines Still Exist?

Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:36 am

Do these Indian airlines still exist, and if so, where are they based?

Archana Airways
Jagson Airlines
Visa Airways
Royal Airways

Thanks.

airways1

TKMCE

RE: Do These Indian Airlines Still Exist?

Fri Oct 25, 2002 3:51 am

Jagson - I am not sure whether they are still around
Archana- They had tow chech aircraft both destroyed in accidents , one with lots of life.
Visa - THey havent started yet as far as I know doesnt look like starting
Royal-Same as Visa (not yet off the ground)

Interestingly the latest edition of OAG still has both Visa (9A) and Royal (HT) listed, one operating Dahs 8 100s and the the other 737s but they dont seem to be off the ground yet. I guess they had paid OAG for an year as these schedules are around for some time.

May be fellow Indian ANET fans can give a picture!
Cheers

B747-437B

Fri Oct 25, 2002 9:17 am

AFAIK Jagson was still around back in January flying somewhere up in Himachal Pradesh. Archana is kaput and the other two never got off the ground as TKMCE points out.
"The A340-300 may boast a long range, but the A340 is underpowered" -- Robert Milton, CEO - Air Canada

IndianGuy

Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:46 pm

Visa still should take to the air, but Crown has run into some kind of trouble with the Finance Ministry.

Jagson is operating charters and (supposedly) scheduled flights to Jabalpur and Gwalior all using Dornier 228's.

Archana had ordered Dash-8's as well (on purchase?) but dont knwoo how far they went with that. Rajeev, only one of Archana's Let410's was destroyed in a crash outside Kulu in HP. All pax and crew were killed. But i think the other one should stuill be there.

Royal- They were actually recruiting majorly at one time! But those in India must have seen the nasty ads in newspapers released by Lufthansa and family members of the Modi group aimed at each other.

Roy

TKMCE

Fri Oct 25, 2002 4:59 pm

Hi Roy
You are right in the sense that the other Archana Let 410 accident did not involve any loss of life. But what I understood from reading the accident summary of DGCA was that the aircraft became unservicable after that (it was on Kanpur).
I will post the link later to the report
Cheers