j_hallgren

Will Videotape In Chkd Luggage Be Damaged By X-ray

Sun Oct 27, 2002 7:32 am

I have a recorded VHS tape that won't fit in my carry-on...I am going overseas (Sweden from USA) tomorrow....I understand that checked luggage is x-rayed for overseas...will this affect it?
If so, i'll rearrange my carry-on as i trust that scan more...

Thanks!
COBOL - Not a dead language yet!

RE: Will Videotape In Chkd Luggage Be Damaged By X-ray

Sun Oct 27, 2002 9:30 am

You can trust the x-ray not to damage your VHS tape, a few times will not harm it, it is very low level radiation nowadays... if you pass it 1,000 times or so I would then worry about it...
(s) Skipper

scottysair

RE: Will Videotape In Chkd Luggage Be Damaged By X-ray

Sun Oct 27, 2002 10:50 am

Yeah, right and don't you worry about with the your VHS through of X-Ray machines by the your checked baggages and it's will be everything okay for you by the overseas flight out of USA. And also, camera is okay for you by carry-on inside of the aircraft by through x-ray machines at the checkpoint. Please trust of me with the airlines. ok? When you are putting your stuff to the checked baggage like clothes, boxes, computer, skies, bowling bags, golf bags, and tube, too. It will be fine for you into the international flight. ok? Well, later!!

Regards,

Scott W.