AviationLawyer

Crew Rest Areas

Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:31 am

I am looking for pictures of crew rest areas in the 747 and/or the 777. Specifically I would like to see a picture of the "upper deck" rest area in the 777. Do any 777 in service today have this feature? Thanks.

exusair

RE: Crew Rest Areas

Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:24 am

DL and BA have a rest area that you have referred to as an "upper deck." It is not really as roomy as that phrase implies.

There are 2 separate areas on the DL bird. One forward by the cockpit for the pilots. The second is across from the 3R door for the f/a's. You ascend a narrow ladder to the facility. There are 2 lounge chairs similar to those in business class on either side of the staircase once you are in the compartment. 2 beds are forward of that, six towrds the rear.

The compartment is poorly vented and tends to get rather stuffy. I'm 6'1" and was able to lay in one of the beds without my feet or head touching the walls. The beds are somewhat narrow. As for headroom in the compartment, at 6'1" I had to walk stooped over, through the compartment.

Despite the drawbacks, it is still way better than the crew rest seats in coach. Just to be able to lay flat and in peace and quiet is a relief. You don't hear any noise from the cabin unless a baby is crying.

Sorry I don;t have any pictures to post. The pictures I did have were company releases and would not have posted well once scanned.

fritzi

Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:40 am

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Daniel Werner
View Large View Medium

Photo © Will Lanting

View Large View Medium

Photo © Alan Maki
View Large View Medium

Photo © Chris Barrow

N80NA

Wed Oct 30, 2002 6:48 am

the photos in the last post were from the B747,
here's a link to some pics on the B777 (artist renderings)

http://www.boeing.com/news/feature/777x-launch/crew_rest.html