luzezito

A Woman Pilot Is Better Than A Man Coz...

Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:20 pm

In your opinion, what inner qualities make woman pilots better than men?
 Smile/happy/getting dizzy
Quoniam Vita Brevis Est, Propera!

RE: A Woman Pilot Is Better Than A Man Coz...

Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:46 pm

We have 3 lady captains (all on 737) and 4 lady first officers (2 on 747, 1 on 737, 1 on MD-80) - please tell me the difference - for me there is none...
(s) Skipper

luzezito

Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:54 pm

That is the answer I wanted to hear from a professional. To be honest, when I realise that the pilot or f/o is a woman, I feel much safer because. Perhaps their attention to detail and kindness. I have yet to see a lady pilot on Aeroflot which is the airline that I fly most :-(

Skipper: have you ever flown with one of your lady f/o? Does it make any difference (conversations, confidences, etc)?

saintsman

Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:12 pm

I was taught to fly by a woman. She was excellent and I got my PPL with ease. I wouldn't say she was better than men, though no doubt she was better than some male instructors.

Only negative side was that she was very good looking and when side by side in a 152, her perfume did distract me sometimes...... difficult to concentrate on the business at hand if you know what I mean.

MD88Captain

Wed Nov 06, 2002 9:27 pm

It is an interesting question. Having flown with many female pilots in both the military and commercially I feel that I have a background that helps me make the following judgement. For me female pilots are better than male pilots because they have breasts. If you take the breasts out of the equation then I think it becomes a wash.

luzezito

Wed Nov 06, 2002 10:04 pm

MD88Captain:

If we invert your reasoning and apply it to women pilots, then a cockpit has to me paradise on earth for any female pilot because of the male company  Wink/being sarcastic

J32driver

Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:27 pm

Read a report done on Male vs. Female pilot's a couple of years ago. General conclusion was the accident rate was almost identical for both sexes, but the reasons were different. Women were more likely to be involved in accidents where they mishandled the aircraft. Men were more likely to be involved in accidenets where poor decision making was the main factor, like flying into poor weather.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos