BUFjets

LGA Terminal Transfer Ques.

Thu Nov 07, 2002 10:52 pm

I'm looking at booking a trip that consists of flying two airlines with the change between airlines at LGA. The itinerary would involve 1 hour to change between USAirways and American. Is that enough time to transfer between terminals and clear security? I would not be checking any bags.

Thanks very much.

mikephotos

RE: LGA Terminal Transfer Ques.

Fri Nov 08, 2002 4:00 am

The legal connection time for LGA is 45 minutes for domestic-domestic (D/D) online or offline.

T*CT-LGA/USAA/DD«
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .45 1.00 1.00 1.00
OFFLINE .45 1.00 1.00 1.00
- IS ONE WAY / IS BOTH WAYS
** OR * ARE ALL

If the flights are ontime you should have no problem at all. Either waiting for the connection bus or walking. It's not that far of a walk unless the WX calls for snow  Big grin

Michael

STT757

Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:02 am

Check out the Port Authority's website for more info,

http://www.panynj.gov/aviation/lgaframe.HTM
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

jcxp15

Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:30 am

Hey... you can walk it.. it's not far, but there is also a bus.
Everybody is saying to give more time at airports for security checkin and all, but there are never any lines anywhere on the security lines, at LGA at least. You should be fine. The only problem you may encounter, is if you're USair flight is late, then you cut the AA flight close.

trickijedi

Fri Nov 08, 2002 12:29 pm

Jcxp15 wrote:
but there are never any lines anywhere on the security lines, at LGA at least

Not necessarily. Just like any other airport located in any metropolitan city, LGA has its peak times for flying. And when its peak time at LGA, trust me, you'll notice it. It gets crowded and lines are long. Further, security at LGA is almost always tight and thorough. Of all the domestic airports I've been to after 9.11, I've found LGA to have the slowest-moving security lines. And when I finally got to the Xray machines, I figured out why. It's because they don't mess around - they check everyone with complete thoroughness and vigilance. Compared to other domestic airports I would say LGA is pretty tight. Of course, it also doesn't help that they only have a max of two security lines going during peak time.
Its better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air than be in the air wishing you were on the ground. Fly safe!