aussie_

Alliance To Take On The Big Boys SYD-BNE, SYD-Qld

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:54 am

Only a rumour but one that seems quite strong.

Alliance's new F100s will be operating from Sydney, initially on Sydney-Brisbane and later on Sydney to other Queensland destinations.

Do I smell a new Impulse? I just hope they do better.

However given the availability and price of F100s these days and the innovative Full Business/No-frills Economy layout of their aircraft, I see a rosy future for Alliance if they play their game right.

However with Virgin Blue on the warpath (they have just announced a start to BNE-ROK which Alliance operates), it won't be easy.

VH-BZF

RE: Alliance To Take On The Big Boys SYD-BNE, SYD-Qld

Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:59 am

I have also heard that over at Skywest, the Flight Attendants new enterprise bargaining agreement includes flying on the F100 as well!!!!! Looks like the former Ansett subsidury is looking to fly Fokker F100 jets in the West! I wonder whether they will join with Alliance or whether they will bring in their own? Anyone know?

Cheers, BZF
Ansett Australia - (was) One of the worlds great airlines!

VirginFlyer

RE: Alliance To Take On The Big Boys SYD-BNE, SYD-

Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:36 am

BZF - I think you will find that Alliance are leasing an F100 to SkyWest for their mining charter operations, while SkyWest are leasing an F50 to Alliance. I wouldn't be terribly surprised if this was the beginnning of further cooperation between the two airlines - perhaps in the not too distant future we will see the former Ansett subsidiaries working together again; after all, between Alliance, SkyWest and REX, there is little overlap, and substantial coverage...

V/F
"So powerful is the light of unity that it can illuminate the whole earth." - Bahá'u'lláh

Air Taiwan

RE: Alliance To Take On The Big Boys SYD-BNE, SYD-

Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:37 am

I think still for all the Ansett subsidiaries to be able to work again they need a mainline carrier to link them all up. SQ? DJ? QF even?

Jimmy

cedarjet

Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:51 am

DJ Express would be great - there must be loads of longish and thin routes in Aus that aren't lucrative enough for DJ to commit a 737...but an F100 (nice aircraft) would be right.

Aus wants a proper deregulated multi-airline scene like the US at it's best, but the market simply isn't big enough and the startups keep hitting the wall, Compass I & II, Impulse, even Ansett. Hopefully Alliance (who I have never heard of before reading this thread) will buck the trend.
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

Air Taiwan

Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:43 am

Cedarjet, Alliance is the former Flight West. Bought by "Queensland Airline Holdings" and changed their name to Alliance.

Jimmy

aussie_

Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:24 pm

More rumours circling (pprune):

- BNE-MEL to follow mid year
- Rex and Virgin Blue to provide oncarriage to each other