BFS
Topic Author

"Please Lower Your Window Blinds" - Make Me!

Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:40 pm

Not that I wish to sound defiant or rude, but I have never yet been in a position where I was in a window seat when all passengers were asked to close their window blinds (I was on an overnight JFK-LHR last year but in the middle block of seats), but if I was, I really don't think I'd like to keep it closed throughout the flight. Even over the ocean when there is nothing to see, and perhaps even at night, I love to look out the window and just relax and reflect. If its dark, there is no point in keeping it open as there is nothing to see, but equally there is no point in closing it if no light comes in anyway - I know that if dawn comes and all blinsd are open, the cabin will be illuminated, but with just a few open, it shouldn't be a problem.
I am not saying they shouldn't ask us to close them, but just how strict are they when it comes to making sure they are clsoed?

StarFlyer

RE: "Please Lower Your Window Blinds" - Make Me!

Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:08 pm

Patrick,

if it's light outside and all the blinds are closed, the aircraft is dark inside allowing the passengers to sleep. You wouldn't believe how much light comes in through one window blind being open while the other ones are closed! That's why they are pretty strict on the airlines that I have been on flying overnight (QF, NZ, LH, SQ). And trust me, if I was your neighbour and trying to sleep, and you'd open the blind, I'd make sure that you'd shut it pretty quick! Wink/being sarcastic

Hope that answers your question, it's just all the light that comes in even if one window is just half open! Haven't seen anyone keep it open for more than 10sec so far!

Regards,
Falko
Yours truly - StarFlyer

Continental

Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:16 pm

This happened last year! I was heading from ORD to MUC on a LH A340, we were over England, and the sun was about to rise. The cabin was pitch black and people were still sleeping, it was quite enjoyable. But this little jerk kid opened his window, and this stream of burning light came in, and it feels like it singed my pupils!

Continental

lmml 14/32

Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:14 pm

.....And trust me, if I was your neighbour and trying to sleep, and you'd open the blind, I'd make sure that you'd shut it pretty quick! ....

Now if that is not arrogance I don't know what is. If you insist on shutting off all light make sure you carry shades with you. Some airlines give these out anyway and are normally found in the seat pocket.

FUTURA

Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:45 pm

This also happened to me when I was flying over the Italian/Swiss alps, and I missed the beautiful view : Smile Smile(
Vincent

airliner rx

Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:47 pm

This is one of my pet peeves I want to strangle the jerk that keeps their window open!!!!!!! One thing people seem to loose is manners while flying!!!

Ikarus

Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:50 pm

Well, on BA the stewardess used to come by with a long rod or stick and force it shut against my will, and give me a terrifying glance.... Evil, evil, evil!

I suppose it might have been different had I been older than 13... Now I just don't bother anymore. Even though I absolutely hate sitting in a window seat and being prevented to look outside.  Pissed Idiots! It's unfair, mean, useless and annoying! After all, seeing dawn from the air IS beautiful, and does NOT let in too much light. And they're handing out free eyeshades anyway, so any passenger wishing to sleep at all cost should use them, and the stewardesses should leave me alone with my window!

Regards

Ikarus

Silverstreak

Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:07 am

grow up and shut the blind -

doug_or

Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:25 am

depending on how the seats line up with windows, I've had luck closing it, then opening it for the bottom thrid when i want to peer out. when i peer out i lean foward and not too much light gets in (assuming the sun isn't rising/setting on the side of the aa/c I'm on at the time).
When in doubt, one B pump off

clipper471
Crew

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:20 am

Yeah, keeping the shades open when airborne is annoying when there's nothing to see. Even more annoying... on one recent westbound trans-Atlantic flight all pax complied by closing the shades so all could better see their PTV's or sleep. But, one guy would open his shade every 10 minutes or so and "peek" out. Of course there was nothing to see but sun-drenced, BRIGHT white clouds. That was very annoying. It was like waking up in the morning, your eyes very sensitive to light, each time he did it. Each time he did it I was ready to say something, but kept my cool.

tadex

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:21 am

Blinds should be closed! Great comment "Silverstreak" !

silver_wing767

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:31 am

Or you can do what my dad did when he went to across the pacific....When he wanted to peer out the window, He would open it anytime..But the trick was to cover his head and the window with his blanket..That way he got to look outside the window, and nobody was bothered by the bright sun!!

ouboy79

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:40 am

grow up and shut the blind -

I think this comment can be said for both sides of this issue. Everyone paid to be on that plane, you aren't special....if you didn't get the window seat - your fault. One of the things I can't stand is when you have a person get a window seat and then as soon as they get on the plane, they shut their blind and read a book.

If you are worried about light, take a pair of shades with you. The view of the earth while flying will always be something unique that everyone doesn't always get to witness -- so when they are up there, they want to see. The view of dawn from 30,000+ feet is awe inspiring and something everyone should get to see. Before everyone's goes and starts shooting their mouths off about little punk kids...remember, one day you were the little punk kid on his/her first overnight flight and got to enjoy the beauty of the sun rise. How dare you restrict the ability for someone else to enjoy this. It is time for members of this forum to quit being hypocrites and get on with their lives. To those younger members that are complaining about other "kids"...they probably haven't been fed with the silver spoon their entire life and they were on their first transatlantic flight at night. Once you start paying for your own ticket...you can start complaining, but that doesn't mean you are in the right or wrong.

delta-flyer

RE: "Please Lower Your Window Blinds" -

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:43 am

When you grow up, you realize that sometimes you do things voluntarily that you would rather not simply out of consideration toward your fellow man (or woman)......not because you are forced to, but just because it's the right thing to do. By the same token, if keep your blinds closed throughout the flight, but crack them open occasionally to take a peek or snap a photo, your neighbors will see you as a considerate person and will not complain for those intermittent surges of light.

You have to recognize that the world does not revolve around you the way it did when you were a baby.

Pete  Smile
"In God we trust, everyone else bring data"

aussiestu

Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:24 am

Oh just shut the blind and consider your fellow passenger rather than being that self centred little **** that you are and that your mother thinks is the centre of the universe. while i would not consider stopping anyone from opening their blind quickly to take a peek the case is it does let in huge amounts of light, yes it does, and disturbs many passengers not just a few. they seem to check in their manners and feelings towards their fellow man with their luggage. you want to open that window blind then i am certainly going to tell you to shut if it disturbs me. give me a private jet anyday!!!!

Plane Holland

Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:25 am

I don't travel on airlines which order you to shut the blinds...

I think kids and babies screaming for 12 hrs in a row are far worse then a window which is half open.. I don't hear people then..... I bet Starflyer would. So would be great to have you have as a passenger assuring everyone keeps quiet  Smile 'no offense'

regards, Plane Holland

Ikarus

Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:35 am

Clipper471: I would NEVER close my window shades on a westbound transatlantic flight - not even for a second. They're daylight flights, so no need to sleep, the lights in the plane aren't dimmed and if someone has a PTV visibility issue, that's their problem, not mine.

Quite frankly, when I request a window seat, I do so to SEE something - Greenland, Iceland, other planes. And there is just no justification for making passengers close their shades during a westbound flight - I have never seen that happen before.

On eastbound flights - overnight flights when some people try to sleep, I can half understand the fascist mentality of F/As. But only half. After all, the airlines do hand out eyeshades, and anyone who needs darkness can get it that way for free. And if the sleep of passengers was as holy as they pretend it is (only half the people manage to sleep anyway) then no one would have to sit near the lavatories, where there's always someone standing, often talking. No one would be allowed to talk. No babies would be allowed on board. And snoring passengers would be kicked out.

As none of these things happen - and they all obstruct the sleep of many passengers, having the window shade 1/3 open and peering out with almost the entire face covering it, should not be prevented either.

Regards

Ikarus

flyboy36y

Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:53 am

I refuse to shut the blinds EVER!

I was once on a tour bus from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon. The trip itself is almost as awe inspiring as the canyon itself. The way it worked was that two rows shared a bling. I had the back half of the blind. She had the front. She kept closing it!!!! She wanted to sleep, I wanted to enjoy the view. Tough cookies for her! I did not pay for the tour not to be able to see anything. Same thing on planes. You vever know what you will see if you are lookimg. People who wish to keep out darkness are able to bring shades. I bring them.

Ikarus

Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:21 am

Shut the blinds, and miss out on this:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Bailey
View Large View Medium

Photo © Bailey

View Large View Medium

Photo © Rich Bowden
View Large View Medium

Photo © Rich Bowden

View Large View Medium

Photo © Brian Stevenson - SPOT THIS!
View Large View Medium

Photo © Patrick M. Wanner

View Large View Medium

Photo © Josef P. Willems
View Large View Medium

Photo © Markus Burkhard

View Large View Medium

Photo © Jorgos Tsambikakis
View Large View Medium

Photo © Jonathan Derden

View Large View Medium

Photo © John Farrington
View Large View Medium

Photo © Matthias Bräuer

View Large View Medium

Photo © Rez Manzoori
View Large View Medium

Photo © Sokol Ymeri

View Large View Medium

Photo © Daniel Roth
View Large View Medium

Photo © Joe Corrigan

View Large View Medium

Photo © Marc Christoph
View Large View Medium

Photo © Nick Jacobs

View Large View Medium

Photo © Miguel Cano Alva
View Large View Medium

Photo © Richard MacLean

View Large View Medium

Photo © Ruud Griepsma
View Large View Medium

Photo © Gerhard Plomitzer

Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:44 am

Ikarus, you've mounted a convincing argument, with those photos!  Big grin

I'm afraid I'm one of those childish ones who cherishes their window (if they get one!) I like to have it open all the time. Even at night - especially when flying over Africa...you'd be surprised what you can see...the stars, the cities, other aircraft, distant storms...it's quite beautiful.

On the other hand, I'm quite timid, and if someone even suggests I close the blind, I do it (albeit reluctantly).

For those who can't open their blinds for whatever reason, you might want to try going back to the galley, there might be a window by the door there (I guess not on Airbus aircraft...)

Regards

ZID

Sun Nov 10, 2002 4:13 am

Wow! There are several narrow minded, arrogant, subjective people here who believe that their opinion is absolute fact and law. Just because they would like the shades to be closed so that they can sleep then that means that anyone opening a blind is rude. Does that mean that if you wanted to lay down and sleep on three seats in your row and the other two people didn't get up and give you their seats then they would also be considered rude by you?

I know it's hard for people like you to look at things from other people's viewpoint but your comments are the same as the other person saying that if they wanted you to stay awake so that they didn't have to listen to your snoring but you went to sleep anyway then you would be acting rude, which is ridiculous.

Wake up people! (get it?) You're not the only person on the earth who matters. Guess what? That person with the window seat also matters and they have opinions and desires too just like you, and they paid for their seats too just like you.

Here's a novel concept - how about if you people stop acting like self-centered jerks and allow others to live their lives in ways other than living through your desires. If you want to sleep then sleep. If you want to stay awake then stay awake. If the person in the window seat wants to look outside then they may look outside. If the person in the window seat wishes to close the blind then they may close the blind. If the blind is open and you wish to sleep then use those handy-dandy sleeping shades.

Me personally, I almost never sit next to a window and usually sleep on flights but I'm not a window shade Nazi and I felt the need to speak out against the asinine fascism on display throughout this thread.

I'm sorry if this reply was a little harsh but it's been my experience that when dealing with insensitive, "I am God" people that the direct and blunt method is the only thing that gets through to them.
I'm not joking! This is my job!

dragon-wings

Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:07 am

Just buy your own sleeping shades and take them with you in your carry on bag, or take the ones the flight attendant hands out for free.

I'm one of those people who love to look out the window and see interesting cloud formations, other planes, cities below, the sun rise, the sunset, and stars at night.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

PilotDreams

Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:42 am

Any person who closes his or her shade doesn't truly love to fly...i pity them

palmjet

Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:11 am

Not directly on point but for those who are advocating that we should close the blind, what is your view on those passengers who keep their damned reading light on when the cabin lights have been dimmed or turned off for night landings? I find that this ruins the whole effect. Do people really need to read when the aircraft is on final approach? What is with that?

I guess these are the same passengers who, if they are given a window seat, immediately close the blind and start reading a book!
Eastern - Number One To The Sun

thadocta

Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:31 am

"One of the things I can't stand is when you have a person get a window seat and then as soon as they get on the plane, they shut their blind and read a book."

Some of us request window seats for reasons other than looking out - I am deaf in my right ear, and always request a window seat on the LEFT side of the aircraft. This serves two purposes - I don't have to listen to the person next to me, and I can also put the pillow up against the fuselage wall when I go to sleep, thus shutting out all noise from my (one) good ear.

Dave

Squigee

Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:34 am

There's a reason it's called a window seat, and not a window-blind seat.

If you can't stand having someone look out a window during the flight, I suggest you fork out some extra dough and buy some eyeshades.
Someday, we'll look back at this, laugh nervously, and then change the subject.

Dazed767

Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:54 am

Squigee nailed it before I could. I pick a window seat to LOOK OUT THE WINDOW. I always have my camera in my lap when I fly, just waiting for something interesting to photograph. No way I'm going to shut it. What's annoying when I get a middle seat and we're on decent...the guy that has the window takes a glance outside, then shuts the window. Actually had that happen once, and asked him to open it for me...which he did.  Smile

rootsgirl

Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:04 am

Lets remember, we are on an aircraft - where people are supposed to act in a civil and descent manner towards their fellow neighbours...and for how long 12 hours at the most? But why is that so difficult?

The next posting will probably read I am Refusing To Bring My Seat Back Forward During The Meal.... and believe me there is always someone on a flight who pulls that one too.

If you are travelling eastbound transatlantic, then why not compromise? You can have your blinds open and gaze out at the starry nights, but please consider that the morning light is harsh. Can you not wait until the cabin starts to bustle with a juice service prior to breakfast before you open the blind? You will still have lots of time to enjoy the view.

I think that the majority of people all want to grab a few hours of restful sleep and why should one or two spoil that? It's all about me, me, me and I, I I instead of us or we.

Compromise is the solution and if people do not wish to do that - then maybe they should travel corporate so that they can break all the courtesies that we try to bestow upon each other in that metal tube in the sky.

KCLE

Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:50 am

I've been on a few daytime flights on DL and they ask you shut the window so people can see the movie that is playing.

What do I do? I shut it 1/3 of the way and slouch way down in the seat so I can still see out the window. As soon as it's done, I pop the shade right back up.

Ikarus

Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:02 am

The next posting will probably read I am Refusing To Bring My Seat Back Forward During The Meal....

No. That's always the guy sitting in front of me, not myself. I stopped reclining seats at all unless I sit in a seat with no one behind me. It's too painful to have the damn seat pressing against my knees (usually with something hard and thin at exactly the most painful point), so I don't so it unto others.

Regards

Ikarus

Beefmoney

Sun Nov 10, 2002 12:52 pm

This what I am seeing on this thread

1. I want the shade down---I want to sleep
2. I want the shade up---I want to enjoy the view

For some reason the people in option 1 think that the people in option 2 are immature and stupid. Ditto for the people in option 2 toward those in option 1.

Heres the thing for me: If you want to watch the world go by through the windows then get a window seat and enjoy. If you want to sleep, get some personal shades and sleep dangit. You didnt pay for the window seat, we did so let us get our moneys worth and let us look outside.

Why are we immature for wanting somthing and you are not even though you want somthing aswell?

astounding.

sllevin

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:23 pm

There's also the story that says "your right to do something ends when it affects others."

I love to look at the window as much as anyone. But I also appreciate that it's transportation as well -- sometimes I'm tired as well and need to sleep. That's not meant to build myself up -- it's just a statement that I fly enough to appreciate both sides of this debate.

I have typically found that one can, especially on long flights, get up and walk back toward the galley, or somewhere where there's noshade (windows on emergency exits, etc.

In general, saying "hey, I've got the window and the rest of everyone should learn to sleep with eyeshades (which I find very uncomfortable)" is just selfish and spolied. No less spoiled than the rest of us saying "pick morning flights!"

Steve

MD-90

Sun Nov 10, 2002 3:43 pm

I suppose it's because I'm 18, but I can sleep anytime, anywhere. I don't need the window blind drawn, even if it's brilliant daylight outside and it's shining right through the window.

Heck, I tend sleep in my brightly lit chem class (not a good thing, however!).

I also sleep pretty well on a band bus filled with noisy teenagers and 20-somethings and REALLY big windows that let in the sun.....but that's just me.

strickerje

Sun Nov 10, 2002 5:29 pm

I know what you mean - The most important thing I've learned in high school is the art of sleeping in broad daylight and while sitting up! Now avoiding being noticed by the teacher is an entirely different matter...  Smile

OK, I've actually never heard the flight attendant say "Please close your windowshade so that people can sleep." Rather, it's usually "Please close your windowshade so that people can see the movie." There's a world of difference there, since eyeshades won't solve that problem. Of course, I'm also one of the ones who likes to have his windowshade open, but I know how aggravating it is to have a glare on the TV that you're trying to watch. Of course, on every flight I've ever been on (mostly Delta), passengers were told to lower their shades "at least halfway," to which, as a courtesy, I'm more than willing to comply. (It's not as good a view, but I can still see out through half a window.)

-Jeffrey S.

Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:15 pm

Please lower your window shade -
So people can look the movie...
I dont care - I dont watch movies (at home on tv) -
And certainly not on airplanes...
xxx
Please lower your window shade -
So people can sleep, light bithers them...
It does not bother me - I like watching clouds and sunrise...
xxx
I have a window seat - and asked for it...
If you dont like, ask for another seat...
I cannot watch outside...
For landing I must open the shade...
I assume for climb and final I will be told to open at 45 %...
I cannot listen to my CDs because it disrupts the planes electronics...
When I sat in smoking section, my smoking bothered the other people...
Screw you flight attendants...
xxx
I have plans in the making -
Anytime I will fly - to eat tons of beans (and have smelly farts all the time) -
Eat a maximum of Fettucini Alfredo - with tons of garlic -
Not take a shower for a week before I ever fly as a passenger -
Read disgusting nude girls sex magazines -
Give me suggestions to even worse...
xxx
In the old days I used to be a gentleman -
Pardon me this - do you mind me if that...
I respected others...
I can understand why some go rampage shooting, mass murder in USA...
Finito amigos - screw you
 Wink/being sarcastic
(s) Skipper

jesseycy

Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:22 pm

Well, I'm actually siding for "Close the Blinds" on this issue......

OK, if it comes down to something stupid like "Close blinds to better see the PTV", forget about it. But hey, if the airline has a night-day time flying policy, why don't you stick by it? Everybody's tired on a "night flight", close the blinds! It's so much brighter in the cabin if just one single window is open.........

Although, I would admit, it's real hard to resist raising the blind, when it's all warm because of the sun shining on it...... And I can't (won't) open it to disturb the other passengers.......

elwood64151

Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:36 pm

Sllevin:

Your statement is slightly erroneous. The quote from a US Supreme Court Justice (whose name escapes me) is "Your right to self expression ends at the bridge of my nose". That means we can't throw red paint on people to protest the meat butchering and fur industries.

As for keeping the blinds open or closed, I CAN NOT sleep on a plane unless I have been previously sleep deprived. Actually, I can't sleep in any vehicle, car, bus, plane, boat, train, anything. I have never enjoyed a multi-day cruise, simply because by the third day I'd be so tired that I couldn't stand it. So for me, looking out that window is very important, regardless of what it looks like outside.

But if I'm asked to close the blind by an FA, I'll do it. Just don't complain when I turn on the reading light. After all, your rights end at the bridge of my nose.
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.

backfire

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:26 am

Whatever happened to respecting the authority of the crew on board?

If the FA tells you to shut the blind/put the tray up/fasten your seat-belt, surely it's not a reason to begin making childish "make me" comments?

Because if it is, then I'd have to ask whether you're mature enough to be let on board an aircraft at all.  Insane

Ikarus

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:33 am

Whatever happened to respecting the authority of the crew on board?

The crew have my respect. Until they get on a power trip and try to become wannabe fascist dictators.

You can't believe how p'd off I get when they, for example, make me put my camera away for takeoff. I comply, I always comply with their commands. But I get really angry....  Pissed

Regards

Ikarus

zrs70

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:35 am

I like to be naked. Therefore I have the right to fly without clothes. WHo cares what others think? After all, I am the one who has to pay for my clothes. This is MY life. If you don't want to see me naked, just buy some eyeshades. The entire world should revolve around what I want, not you!
17 year airliners.net vet! 2000-2016

Ikarus

Mon Nov 11, 2002 12:42 am

I like to be surrounded by total silence. Therefore I have the right to fly in total silence. Who cares what others think? After all, I am the one who has to pay to fly in total silence. This is MY life. If you want to whisper, talk, snore, laugh, cry, whimper with fear of flying, play with children or make other noises during my flight, just go and do it in the lavatory. The entire world should evolve around what I want, not you!

blink182

Mon Nov 11, 2002 1:24 am

"The world revolves around me" posts aside, If you paid for the window seat, why can't you open the window? On a long flight, who knows what you might be able to see.

Heck, I saw Paris, France from an aircraft. I, who has never been to paris can now say I atleast "saw it", why? Because my window was open, and because of that, 2 other people sitting next to me got to see the same view(after I told them). If my window was shut, this view would never have been.

The best sunrises and sunsets come from 37,000 feet. No city lights obstructing your view. If you are lucky, you could see some aircraft, but flying isn't just about getting from point a to point b, it's about seeing the world out your window.

blink
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

backfire

Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:07 am

If you paid for the window seat, why can't you open the window?

I wasn't aware that window seats were more expensive than other seats on the aircraft...  Big grin

Mon Nov 11, 2002 2:45 am

Ikarus-

You summed it up real nicely with those pictures. Thank you!

delta-flyer

Mon Nov 11, 2002 3:01 am

Many of you are neglecting one small notion ... reason and common sense. You show deference toward your neighbors and they will reciprocate in kind. Being rude and defiant will also be reciprocated in kind. It's your choice.

I have never heard any airline crew mandating that people close their blinds. The ususally ask, "....for the comfort of others ... please pull down your shades...." That's not an order, just a polite request. Even part way down is enough to show good intention, while still allowing you to see outside.

What's so hard about that?

Pete

Beefmoney

Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:26 am

Once again I will bring up this question: Why do the people who want the shades down think that their request overrides the requests of people who want the shade up? You want it down, we want it up, and you think that we are childish for wanting it up. Why arent YOU childish for wanting it down? You call us selfish? Why arent you selfish for depriving us of the view outside?

I dont understand.

flyboy36y

Mon Nov 11, 2002 5:48 am

I think, that the reasons that the "windows open" people win are:

1) They got a window seat. If they keep it open this was probably for a reason! They want to look out. If you wish to keep the window closed get a window seat! You can't have your cake and eat it too. If you are in the isle you are lucky to be able to get out of your seat. The window guy can't.

2) While the people who want the window open cannot buy cheap devices for their eyes to see a video of what they would see had the window been open, those who wish darkness can easily purchase eye shades in lieu of the closed window. Besides, they give 'em out for free on longer flights.

3) Who here has flown on a military aircraft??? Most don't have windows! That was like the most boring flight I ever had!

PHXinterrupted

Mon Nov 11, 2002 6:56 am

Maybe airliners.net should limit the number of words per post. These diatribes are ridiculous!
Keepin' it real.

ToFlyToServe

Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:05 am

In B747 Skipper really weird post he mentioned that CDs could not be played. Is he just just blowing steam or is there an airline that really makes you turn your cds off because it will interfere with the cockpit. I do know that the FAA has said that portable electronic devices, including cds, need to be turned off for take off and landing but, CDs are fine during flight. Iis his email slightly weird or did I miss his sense of humor??????

delta-flyer

Mon Nov 11, 2002 7:06 am

...You want it down, we want it up.....

So you compromise! That's what intelligent people do. That's what I've been trying to tell you --- why isn't it getting through? It's such a simple concept, really.

I think teenagers have a built-in defiance subroutine that automatically answers NO to every request made by an adult.

Pete