Ezra
Topic Author

International Flying From Slc?

Sun Nov 10, 2002 9:01 am

Hi All,

With the recent discussions about how DL may be profitable making money from lesiure-fare pax in the back cabins, I was wondering whether there's any chance they would (could?) start any European ops from SLC? Perhaps CDG and/or LGW, or maybe FRA? I know a lot of Europeans go to the Rockies for skiing (and to Las Vegas!), and SLC is in a pretty good geographical position, even if it doesn't have the best o/d out there (but then neither does CVG). Any speculations?

E.

dodgerslc

RE: International Flying From Slc?

Sun Nov 10, 2002 1:16 pm

Speculation locally has been that if European service were to be started it would be Skyteam partner Air France, not Delta, providing service.

There was an article the other day in the Deseret News that the Air Travel Council met with officials of Korean Air about providing service. They were hopeful, but they have been having these meetings with various carriers for years and only the Aeromexico service to Mexico (Mexico City and Hermosillo) has come about.

I still see non-stop service to either Europe or Asia to be at least 3 or 4 years away.

dodgerslc